Buyer - Leeds
JOB TITLE: Buyer - Non Edible Grocery
About the role
We have a couple of amazing opportunities within the Pet, Healthcare and Baby team for Buyers. The areas are hugely important to our customers and even more so given the current climate we are all living in today.
Our categories have a mixture of well-known brands and a developed Own label presence. It is a highly competitive market with the discounters ever growing in this category.
What you will be responsible for:
The buyers in these roles will be responsible for buying key categories areas and managing some weekly admin such as pricing & promotion management. You would be working with some of the biggest brands such as Mars, P&G and RB as well as small suppliers with innovative products.
You will also be responsible for coordinating & managing the promotional process for the wider team, managing deadlines & working with other teams.
You will need to have a natural ability to negotiate with big brands, collaborate and nurture smaller suppliers, the desire to drive Own brand growth, have the ability to multi-task, forward plan and work cross functionally.
But most importantly, keep our customers at the forefront of all your decisions.
In addition, you'll need to be able to:
- Develop and execute strategies to deliver sales, profit, and market share growth.
- Building a range and pricing strategy to deliver shopper needs and lead on price competitiveness.
- Lead suppliers to improve OL quality, innovation and sales participation.
- Deliver JBPs to grow branded market share and profitability.
- Engage cross functionally to align all stakeholders in delivery of the your plans.
- Ability to communicate well and engage and lead others.
- A sound understanding of the customer and a passion for great customer service.
- A desire for driving the own label agenda.
- The ability to manage and influence a diverse global supplier base
- Experience in negotiating
- Analytical skills and ability to make the complex simple.
- Results driven.
- Strong team working skills.