Duty Manager (Learn to Swim Programme) - Swim! - Sheffield, South Yorkshire
Hours: Full Time including weekends
Salary: Starting from £23,000
History of swim!
Olympic medallist Steve Parry is behind the creation of swim! which aims to be the best learn to swim experience in the country. We are using bespoke facilities to deliver a high-quality swimming provision to children aged 0-11. At swim! our programme focuses on great technique and core skills before progressing onto distances, lessons have fun themes each week for children. Our members-only access offers clean, modern and warm changing rooms designed for children, a panoramic viewing lounge with refreshments and activities for the whole family, smart lesson management and our unique swim! awards to celebrate your child’s achievements. All of this comes with a simple online booking process with no need to rebook every few weeks.
Our Olympians need you!
swim! is looking for a new Learn to swim! Programming Duty Manager to assist with the opening of a new bespoke learn to swim centre. This is an integral role to the day to day swim program and operating of the centre, providing a high-quality environment and product to our customers.
If you have a passion for working within leisure and facility management, this is the role for you, which offers lots of career opportunities and progression.
- Responsible for the swim! program performance and KPIs
- Opening & closing the swim! building
- Lead and manage the teaching team, creating monthly rota’s, conduct team observations and monthly status meetings.
- Mentor and develop swimming teachers in line with induction, customer journey, swim! programme expectations and teaching USPs
- Regular meetings with swim! manager and swim! management team to ensure alignment to objectives and performance KPIs
- Complete observations of the team on a regular basis and feedback areas of improvement to ensure alignment to swim! programme outcomes
- Suggest developments to the programme and themes for consideration and continual improvements including movement strategies
- Support the delivery of fun and inspiring lessons to 0-11-year olds, ranging from non-swimmer to competent swimmer
- Manage program budget and schedule making efficiencies and costs savings where feasible
- Help deliver exceptional customer care to every swimmer and family member
- Support teachers in assessing swimmers using an online tracking system and follow awards process when swimmers progress through their swim! journey
- Support delivery of the swim! experience including showing customers round, driving memberships and sharing best practise
- Reviewing feedback from customers relating to programme delivery and devise action plan for improvements to positively impact our retention
- Shift management of all operational staff when supporting in Duty Managers absence
- To maintain the facilities hygiene, operational and safety standards, striving towards a 5-star monthly audit score
- Ensuring the pool plant is always working to full capacity allowing all lessons to take place, and that all planned preventative maintenance is carried out
- Work closely with the swim! manager, operations manager and pool engineers to ensure necessary action is taken so the pool runs efficiently.
- Complete and record all health and safety checks as assigned, for daily, weekly and monthly checks to ensure smooth operation of the site.
- Inspect and maintain building systems and provide support for basic preventative and reactive maintenance when required
- Ensure adherence to quality standards and health and safety regulations at all times.
- The successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced check via the Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS)
- Pension scheme
- 30 days annual leave (including bank holidays)
- Get your birthday off
- Company uniform
- Discount on swimming and gymnastics lessons for family and friends
- Employee recognition scheme
- Training opportunities
- Employee assistance programme