Pool Lifeguard - Total Swimming Academies - Sunderland
Hours: Various hours available (evenings and weekends)
Salary: £9.50 per hour
Contract: Self Employed, Part Time
Our Olympians need you!
How would you like to work with Total Swimming Group - one of Britain's most successful sport and leisure businesses?
We are looking for engaging and inspiring individuals to work as Lifeguards to join our industry leading swimming team, delivered at centres across the UK.
Your primary role will be to supervise the safety of our swimming lesson provision, delivering lifesaving and first aid provision and excellent standards of customer experience and changing lives through giving every child opportunity to learn to swim.
As part of your lifeguarding role, you will supervise the pool and use technology to communicate to customers as well as working as part of a team to deliver a premium experience. This will include customer engagement, attending training and team meetings to share best practice and learn from each other.
This role is for weekday daytime and weekend hours, self-employed contract with guaranteed hours.
If you share our passion for changing lives through learning to swim and want to make a difference both in and out of the water, then this is a rare opportunity to join a progressive and industry leading company.
Full training and qualification can be provided, we recruit on character and personality – so change your life and get in touch today!
- Provide lifeguard duties for learn to swim lessons for 3-11 year olds, ranging from non-swimmers to competent swimmers
- Supporting with customer queries and resolving any issues on site when possible
- Health and safety checks on site
- Help maintain the facility to a high standard at all times
- Liaise with the swimming teachers and coordinator to advise of any issues that arise
- Be a positive role model for young people encouraging them to reach their full potential
- Desirable - National Pool Lifeguard Qualification (NPLQ) (but full training and qualification can be provided and fully funded)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Customer service focused, demonstrates a determined and committed approach to quality of standards and cleanliness
- Perseverance and patience to encourage and put people at ease
- Observant, notices customers and anticipates their needs