General Assistant - Northern France
Join us this season at Travelbound’s amazing Chateau Du Molay in Northern France! Travelbound specialise in offering residential school trips to groups from all over the word! You will be based at our truly idyllic, 18th Century Chateau, situated in Normandy, France. Renowned for its history, beautiful towns and sandy beaches, in your down time you will have the chance to explore everything Normandy has to offer! Or, if you fancy something different on your day off you can jump on the train and be in central Paris within a couple of hours!
A season at Chateau Du Molay will give you the opportunity to build on your hospitality skills, make memories which will last a lifetime and even practice your ‘Bonjour’ and ‘Au Revoir’ if you’d like to!
The low down…
As a General Assistant, you will be at the epi-centre of our operation! One of your key duties will be to ensure that our guest rooms are kept to the highest standard. This will include hoovering, dusting, cleaning of bedrooms and bathrooms and changing beds.
You’ll also work with pride to ensure the communal areas of the Chateau, such as the bar and restaurant, are presentable and welcoming. During mealtimes, you’ll also greet our guests in the restaurant area with a friendly smile and assist with waiting tables and serving meals. You’ll ask be asked to help out behind the scenes every now and again to ensure that plates, cutlery and kitchen equipment are washed and ready for the next mealtime.
As a dual role, your weekly rota will also have some Group Leader sessions. This is the opportunity to get to know our young guests better by running indoor and outdoor activities. Full training will be provided, in both safely delivering activities and housekeeping.
This is a really varied role giving you the opportunity to be involved in multiple areas of the Chateau!
Our motto at Travelbound is ‘teamwork makes the dream work!’ We are looking for positive, can-do individuals who share our teamwork ethos – Our job adverts will give you a good flavour for each job role but other duties within the scope of each role may be required.
What are we looking for?
- A good attitude and willingness to learn
- A vibrant personality
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Previous experience in housekeeping (desirable, not essential)
- Previous experience working with children is a bonus!
- Any level of French speaking is a bonus!
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive seasonal salary paid in Euros
- On-site accommodation
- Free meals – even on your 2 days off each week!
- Access to on-site facilities including: staff bikes, outdoor swimming pool, BBQ, discounted drinks in the Chateau bar etc.
- Role progression and the chance to return for future season (who knows, you might be the next Grande Fromage!)
- We are part of the world’s largest collection of specialist brands, which means we are able to offer further seasonal opportunities with our sister brands once your season comes to an end.
The extra bits…
- The ideal applicant will be available to start as soon as possible until the end of July 2022 – with the option of returning in September for 7 weeks!
- Applicants in possession of a valid EU passport or documentation for eligibility to work in France e.g. Carte de sejour are preferred BUT if you have a UK passport, we can apply for a work permit in your name. This can take 2 – 3 weeks
- Please apply for just ONE role – The role you feel you are best suited to and most interested in. We will assess your application against other vacancies without you have to apply for multiple positions
- If you are applying as a couple, please apply INDIVIDUALLY for your chosen roles and include the name of your friend or partner or family member in your application
- We receive a very high number of applications each year. Please be patient whilst we review your application – All applications will be contacted whether you are successful or not but feedback cannot always be provided due to the volume of applications
- As a company, Travelbound are carefully monitoring advice and information provided by the UK and French Governments in relation to Covid-19. Any updates or changes will be communicated to applicants accordingly