Lifeguards - Cobham, Surrey
Reed’s School is one of the leading Independent Day and Boarding Schools in the country providing an education for over 780 pupils. The School is all boys from 11-16 and has a co-educational Sixth Form.
We are looking for qualified, part time lifeguards to take responsibility for the health and safety of our users in the pool and ensure all our poolside activities and dry side activities are promoted and run effectively.
Friendly and approachable, you’ll provide a high level of customer service.
Key aspects of the role will include:
- Maintaining a safe pool environment through excellent lifeguarding practices.
- Delivering excellent customer service.
- Carrying out regular pool cleaning and maintenance.
- Preparing activity areas and equipment.
- Attendance at regular pool training.
The successful candidate will have:
- The National Pool Lifeguard qualification (NPLQ)
- Up-to-date NPLQ training records
- Interest in gym/gym instructor level 2 (desirable)
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the School is therefore permitted to ask job applicants to declare all convictions and cautions (including those which are "spent" unless they are "protected" under the DBS filtering rules) in order to assess their suitability to work with children.
Reed’s School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.