Chef/Cook - Bodmin Holiday Park - Bodmin, Cornwall
Live In Accommodation Is Available
A number of exciting opportunities have arisen for aspiring Chefs to join our Bodmin Holiday Park in Cornwall. You will be working as part of a team to ensure the smooth and effective operation of our kitchens.
Do you have a passion for food? Are you looking for a new and exciting role? Are you looking to grow your career?
Then Join us today for this great new opportunity to be a part of a successful and growing company! Park Holidays is one of the largest providers of Holiday Parks covering both England and Scotland. With every day on our parks being a new and exciting day. We offer great career progression within the company and are looking for someone who wants to start or grow their career with us!
- To prepare and cook food as required
- Working on one of our food stations – Grill / Fryers / Ovens / Pass / Desserts / Pizzas
- Opening and Closing the Kitchen
- To monitor the requisition of stocks as required from the Corporate Recipe specification and Portion specification, keeping minimum holding levels.
- Liaise with the Complex Manager on stock holding and In House Buyer
- To ensure that the standard of cooking, presentation and ‘BOH’ service is implemented to standard operating manuals.
- To ensure that the ‘BOH’ procedures are implemented to the standard operating manual to include stores, flight wash area, refrigeration, freezers, food preparation areas, delivery bays and bin areas.
- To direct and maintain hygiene standards to meet the Company Food Safety/ cook chill requirements, including the administration.
- To liaise with the Complex Manager for all requirements of disposable, small kitchen equipment’s and detergents through correct delegation of authority
- To have strict control and security of stocks, implement Company stock take as and when required, ensure locks are secure, with strict key control.
- To make proposals to the Food and Beverage Director regarding menu planning
- To manage a budget for all resources within area of responsibility and to monitor and maintain effective control.
- To set, monitor and maintain appropriate opening and closing procedures, including cleaning rotas.
The successful candidate should:
- Have excellent communication skills.
- Have the ability to work under pressure with good decision-making skills.
- Be of smart appearance and adhere to dress standards.
- Have a professional and outgoing personality.
- Have good IT skills, including knowledge of Excel, Word and e-mail.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Be flexible.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
Previous experience is essential.
- 20% friends and family discount on holidays booked with Park Holidays.
- 50% staff discount on meals in our onsite restaurants
- Great staff referral scheme
- 28 days holiday leave per annum (incl. Bank Hols)
- Progression Programme within the Company
- Training equivalent to level 2 in food hygiene & level 3 food safety
With 42 caravan parks situated throughout the UK we are now one of the largest providers of Holiday parks covering both England and Scotland. We offer great value family holidays and short breaks, with a small selection of touring and camping too, along with a wide range of static caravan holiday homes and luxury lodges for sale.