Senior Finance Assistant £25,000 - £30,000 per annum plus annual performance bonus and fantastic benefits
The Newt in Somerset
The Newt in Somerset is a new and unique destination already attracting a recognition at the highest level. Our 300-year-old estate complete with woodland, lush gardens and breath-taking views welcomes guests from all over the world. Our hotel is a home from home where our team deliver outstanding service in informal surroundings. Gardens, orchards, and treetop walkways inspire whilst roaring fires and our wellbeing spa offer tranquility.
Our Finance Team
The Finance Department manage the finances across both the income generating and non-income generating elements of the business. They are responsible for all financial reporting including management accounts, weekly sales and KPI reporting, cost control, invoice processing and payment, payroll, customer invoicing and all systems of financial control. They work closely alongside the wider business in a business partnering role and are integrated in all aspects of our operations.
Our Position Summary
This role is for a senior finance assistant to join our established growing finance team.
The role will look after an area of the business’s accounts, covering a number of elements of the finance function. These include accounts receivable, accounts payable, credit control, managing suppliers, matching and payment of invoices, reconciling payments, bank reconciliations, managing stock, filing, and providing ad hoc support.
We are looking for a proactive, motivated individual who can work at pace, is logical, diligent and relishes a challenge.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Regular communication to the internal sales team
- Managing AR, AP and Credit Control for specific Division
- Overseeing all transactional elements of day to day BTUK operations
- Carry out monthly reconciliations of supplier statements
- Liaising with suppliers on enquiries and payments
- Import duty declarations for incoming shipments
- Month end reconciliation of ledgers
- Stock take management and reconciliation
- Accounts email inbox management
- Bank reconciliations
- Assisting with VAT return
- Supporting the finance team on ad hoc matters
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- The successful candidate can be from a variety of different backgrounds dependent upon skills and experience.
- They should be enthusiastic, keen to learn and hard working.
- Numerate with good IT Skills including Excel
- To be logical, precise and accurate.
- Being open and honest, easy to do business with.
- A self-starter, proactive and comfortable working in a fast paced and challenging environment.
- Great interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with stakeholders at all levels
- Resilient, motivated and keen to take on responsibility.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar role
Your Newt Rewards
- Exceptional working environment, fresh estate grown meal provided each day
- Free fitness classes onsite
- Free inspirational talks from leading guest speakers each month
- 15% discount on online shop and free delivery
- 30% discount in the shops across the estate
- 30% discount at restaurants across the estate
- 30% discount on Newt cyder and Babylonstoren wine
- 50% discount in the Spa
- Discounted hotel stays for staff
- Garden Membership
- Free entry to our partner gardens including the Eden Project
- Family Events 3 times per year
- Access to internal/external training qualifications and programmes
- Cross Training and career development opportunities