Control Clerk - Britannia Adelphi Hotel
Apply now and you could be working at the World-Famous Britannia Adelphi Hotel! This fabulous Edwardian style Liverpool hotel is perfectly located in the heart of Liverpool city centre.
This large hotel boasts 402 bedrooms & 14 conferencing suites, catering for between 4 to 850 delegates. The Adelphi is a popular choice for a variety of events ranging from Weddings to Conferences. The Adelphi offers a traditional British roast at Jenny's Carvery, fine French Cuisine at Crompton's Restaurant or a relaxing drink at the vibrant Wave Bar and Residents Bar. Due to continued expansion, we are looking to recruit a Control Clerk onto the team.
Main Purpose of the Role:
To support the Hotel Controller with all aspects of the Control function within the Hotel. Including Payroll, Sales Ledger, Purchase Ledger, Banking’s, Revenue Audit and Stocktaking. Ensuring that the interests of the Britannia Hotel Group are always protected, and all company procedures are adhered to.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Daily cash and credit card reconciliations along with banking and petty cash processing.
- Sales Ledger Control to include invoicing, allocating payments and liaising with Debtors to ensure payments are received within the agreed terms.
- Daily revenue checks and weekly reporting to Head Office.
- Checking of weekly timesheets and clock cards and producing Payroll reports for Head Office.
- Batching of purchase invoices and inputting onto a computerised system.
- Food Stocktaking
The successful candidate will have excellent attention to detail, prioritise their work effectively, work well towards strict deadlines and have excellent numerical and communication skills. Preferably with previous Hotel experience but not essential as full training will be given. You will be required to work 30 hours per week.
Visit our website and look at this fabulous city centred hotel!
This position offers the opportunity for you to work in an exciting, fast-paced industry!
In return for your commitment, we will support you in this new opportunity, with
- Up to 28 days holiday including bank holidays per annum
- Discounted stays for you and your family at any of our 60 Hotels & 6 Parks
- Meals on duty (Subject to eligibility)
- Uniform (Subject to position)
- Accelerated promotional prospects
Britannia Hotels are an Equal Opportunities employer and applicants from non-EEC countries will require work permits or permission to work issued by the Home Office.
Britannia Hotels will not recognise any submissions related to unsolicited applications and no agency fees will apply in relation to such submissions. If an agency submits an unsolicited CV to any director or employee of our company, we will not accept liability for commissions or other charges if we subsequently employ that candidate whether directly or through another agency. Where an agency’s correspondence contains a disclaimer indicating otherwise, our policy will prevail in this regard.
Positions are open to all suitably qualified candidates, regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, candidates of any sexes or sexual orientation. All vacancies are posted both externally and internally on a weekly basis to ensure access to all applicants.