Deputy Manager - Stevenage
What's In Store
Are you an ambitious manager looking for a highly autonomous role, where you will take accountability for the centre in the absence of the General Manager?
Are you looking for an employer that will invest in you and develop you to General Manager level, within twelve to eighteen months?
Are you looking for a business that is financially stable and has very exciting growth plans?
If so, then look no further!
Join Hollywood Bowl Group as a Deputy Manager, in return you’ll get:
- A competitive salary as well as the opportunity to earn an extra £1 per hour, paid to you every month as part of our monthly bonus scheme
- A 40-hour contract, plus additional pay for any extra shifts you work
- The opportunity to earn an outperformance bonus - we will give you a share of your centre profits once you hit target, paid biannually
- 50% off food when you are working
- One in four weekends off
- Optional pension plan
- 28 days holiday & earn additional days holiday with length of service, up to five days
- Access to our in-house Centre Manager in Training programme and apprenticeships
- Free bowling / golf game vouchers every month
- 30% discount off food and drink for you and up to five friends
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) for you and your family
- Well-being training to support you in the workplace
- The opportunity to join our healthcare cash plan
- Financial long service awards
- A £15 donation to Barnardo’s when you complete your induction
- Enhanced maternity, paternity, adoption, and shared parental leave benefits
- Flexible working, supporting a great work/ life blend
About The Role As a Deputy Manager for Hollywood Bowl Group, you will be at the very centre of the customer and team experience, and taking accountability for the centre in the absence of the Centre Manager. Within our fast-paced, dynamic world, Deputy Managers are trained across all key areas of the centre to support the effective operation of the business. The role is varied and exciting! Your responsibilities will range from supporting the Centre Manager with back of house duties, to running an exceptional operation front of house, being hands-on across all areas of the busy centre. You will support the Centre Manager and team in delivering financial targets and service standards in the four key result areas: the lanes, the bar, the diner, and the amusements. You will inspire the team to provide outstanding service for our customers, helping them to create great experiences and lasting memories in our centres, whilst ensuring the centre is both a fun and safe environment. You will encourage an environment where our Team Members are motivated and empowered to perform to the best of their ability, with plenty of opportunities to develop rewarding careers with us. To be successful you will have:
- Management experience, ideally within the leisure, hospitality, or retail industry
- A passion for customer service
- Evidence of delivering on financial targets, driving business and sales
- Experience of coaching and developing large teams
- A willingness to work nights and weekends
About The Company Hollywood Bowl Group has a passion for bringing families and friends together for affordable fun and healthy competition.
Following our listing on the main stock market in 2016 we became Hollywood Bowl Group, seeking out the perfect locations for our bowling and golf centres nationwide. We formed our customer proposition, built on real feedback, and went from strength to strength with our in-centre game technology and online scoring systems.
Now with over 65 centres across the UK, and an exciting new mini-golf brand, Puttstars, added to the portfolio, we’re proud to be ambitious market leaders in experiential family entertainment.
We continue to expand our estate and look for profitable opportunities to grow, with an average of three new sites opening each year.
At Hollywood Bowl Group, we value diversity and inclusion, and we’re committed to creating a working environment that promotes equal opportunities. Individual differences and the contributions of all employees are recognised and valued and we believe that a diverse and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company.