General Manager - Harrow Puttstars
What's In Store
Are you an effective General Manager looking for a highly autonomous role, with the power to really shape and influence the business?
Are you looking for an employer that will heavily invest in you, and provide extensive opportunities to develop your career further?
Are you looking for a business that is financially stable and has very exciting growth plans?
If so, then look no further!
Join Puttstars as a General Manager, in return you’ll get:
- 15% annual bonus with the opportunity to earn an outperformance bonus, where we will give you a share of your centre profit above your target – paid half yearly
- 50% off food when you are working
- optional pension plan
- earn additional days holiday with length of service up to five days
- one in four weekends off
- ongoing training and development
- free bowling / golf game vouchers every month
- 30% discount off food and drink for you and up to five friends
- access to our Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) for you and your family
- opportunity to join our healthcare cash plan
- financial long service awards
- a £15 donation to Barnardo’s when you complete your induction
- enhanced maternity, paternity, adoption, and shared parental leave benefits
About The Role
With support of your management team, you will be responsible for running one of our busy mini golf centres. You will create a safe, fun, and vibrant environment for your team and customers.
You will enjoy the freedom to make a real impact driving the financial and commercial performance of your business, across all four revenue streams; food, drink, amusements and mini golf courses, with real opportunity to share in the success.
You will be fully accountable for:
- Delivering all areas of your budget and KPIs and driving the profit performance of your centre
- Impacting the business' footprint in the local market, supporting the growth of the Puttstars brand
- Managing the performance, service and standards of your centre
- Being an inspiring leader, developing and empowering your team to deliver outstanding customer service
- Collaborating with our People team to talent map our future stars and build strong management succession plans for the centre, encouraging rewarding careers for our Team Members
Within our fast-paced, dynamic world, General Managers coach, lead, motivate and inspire team to deliver outstanding service that delights our customers and keeps them coming back for more.
To be successful you should have:
- Experience as a hands-on General Manager ideally within the leisure, hospitality, or retail industry
- A relentless approach to delivering the best operational standards in the industry
- Evidence of optimising sales and performance of a business unit
- Evidence of managing and impacting multiple revenue streams
- A passion for people, with evidence of coaching, developing, and progressing your team
- An empathetic and compassionate approach
- Resilience, flexibility, and adaptability, to fit in with our fast-paced environment
- Willingness to work nights and weekends
About The Company Puttstars forms part of the Hollywood Bowl Group, shaking up the family entertainment space, we offer mini golf with a unique and modern twist. At Puttstars, you'll find high-tech screens and digitalized scorecards, with three interactive and fun filled 9-hole courses, for the ultimate mini golf experience. The centre also offers an impressive amusements area, a fully-licenced bar, and diner serving up stone-baked pizzas, hotdogs and tasty shakes, for the complete entertainment experience.
Hollywood Bowl Group has a passion for bringing families and friends together for affordable fun and healthy competition.
Following our listing on the main stock market in 2016 we became Hollywood Bowl Group, seeking out the perfect locations for our bowling and golf centres nationwide. We formed our customer proposition, built on real feedback, and went from strength to strength with our in-centre game technology and online scoring systems.
Now with over 65 centres across the UK, we’re proud to be ambitious market leaders in experiential family entertainment.
We continue to expand our estate and look for profitable opportunities to grow, with an average of three new sites opening each year.
At Hollywood Bowl Group, we value diversity and inclusion, and we’re committed to creating a working environment that promotes equal opportunities. Individual differences and the contributions of all employees are recognised and valued and we believe that a diverse and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company.