As a key member of the Senior Leadership team, the Head of People plays a critical role in building the people strategy, to ensure that the business meets its goals. This role is pivotal in pushing the business forward by developing and championing our culture as well as ensuring that people practices, policies and processes are fit for purpose, and communicated and embedded throughout the organisation.
The Head of People will lead a small team, comprising a Talent Acquisition Specialist, L+D Manager, and a People and Payroll Specialist. The Head of People will support and promote their development.
Reports to: Managing Director
· Develop and deliver the people strategy to support achievement of company targets and ambitions.
· Act as a strategic business partner for the Exec Team and Heads of Department.
· Utilise key people metrics and data to understand business challenges and implement solutions.
· Lead the People Team to achieve company and departmental goals.
· Develop, implement and manage recruitment and retention strategies and deliver outcomes in line with agreed service levels.
· Support the L+D Manager to identify and meet organizational training needs.
· Oversee all HR Operations with a commitment to continuous improvement and refinement of processes.
· Manage an annual performance review cycle that drives high performance.
· Improve leadership capability through challenge and coaching.
· Support managers in effective and efficient performance management.
· Manage restructures to maximise growth, productivity, and engagement.
· Embed talent and succession planning through the People Team.
· Manage any escalated complex Employee Relations cases.
· Manage any key People Projects
· Manage the People budget in line with the annual business plan.
· Implement and update company policies and procedures in line with both current employment law and with a view to add value to the business.
· Champion Diversity & Inclusion initiatives.
Who you are:
- A proven track record working within a senior HR position, with a generalist remit.
- Excellent Business Partnering skills.
- An ability to thrive in a fast paced work environment where change is the norm.
- Pragmatic and resilient.
- An ability to maintain upmost confidentiality and discretion at all times.
- Impeccable communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Outstanding stakeholder management skills, with an innate ability to persuade and influence.
- A creative, progressive, and solution-focused approach to HR and the value it can add to achieving broader company goals.
Qualifications and Experience:
- CIPD qualified or equivalent experience.
- Relevant professional experience within hospitality preferred.
- A true people person who thrives when connecting with others and building strong relationships.
- Strong organisational, multi-tasking and time-management skills.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Flexibility, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Passion for building a highly engaged and creative workplace.
What’s in it for you?
- Free golf & 50% discount on food and drink
- 33 day’s holiday allowance (inclusive of Bank Holidays)
- Access to Wagestream.
- Health Cash Plan
- Internal training and career development
- Pension Scheme
The Company reserves the right in its absolute discretion to add to your duties, or amend this job description at any time. In addition to the above duties you will carry out such other duties as the Company reasonably directs from time to time.
About us: Puttshack is an upscale, tech-infused mini golf experience that appeals to everyone. More than just indoor mini golf, Puttshack leans on its ground-breaking technology to elevate the game, while also serving world-class food and full bar in a cool environment. The Puttshack experience is really all about having fun – and doing something fun – together.
Our Vision - To be the universal answer to the question ‘Where should we get together’
Our Mission - To create lasting memories for people of all generations through a shared, world class entertainment experience.
Our Purpose - To bring everyone into play.
Bring your ‘A’ game - We strive for excellence in everything we do
Lead the Way - Our associates (staff) embrace and are inspired by change
Own the Fun - We revel in our guests’ enjoyment
Care Deeply - We take great care of our guests, our associates and the communities we call home