Buying Assistant - Leeds
George Home Buying assistant
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for a Buying Assistant to join our George Home department, where you will be an integral part of the team with plenty of opportunity to develop your trading skills. The role involves working across the George Home trading areas, which covers a diverse range of own label, import, and domestic suppliers.
The Ins and Outs:
As a Buying Assistant within George Home you will support the Buyer with:
- Category administration including line listing, cost and retail changes
- Assisting and inputting into decisions on ranges and promotions, work alongside the team on exciting new product developments
- Liaise with suppliers to ensure they keep to deadlines and tasks and answer and resolve any store / supplier queries
- Analysis, competitor research and day to day trading of your category
- Liaising with different teams & driving accountability to deliver against the critical path
What you'll need:
- Brilliant time-management, organisation and communication skills
- Plenty of initiative
- Excellent excel & analytical skills with high attention to detail
- Tenacious attitude and the ability to work well in a team
- To be calm under pressure
This position is ideal if you would like to develop your career and be a Buyer in the future!
A competitive salary comes with an excellent benefits package including colleague discount, a competitive pension, company bonus and many additional rewards! Once you are here the development opportunities are as endless as your commitment to your self-development and we will support you every step of the way to help further your career.