Security Manager (Nightlife) - Central London
As our Security Manager (Nightlife) you will take specific responsibility for all aspects of Health & Safety and for ensuring the safety and security of our guests and employees throughout our venues during the evening and early hours of the morning.
Nightlife is a key area of our business and with several large late night bars, restaurants and terraces the Security Manager (Nightlife) is a highly visible and operational role, on hand to support your team and hotel operation on busy nights. With this in mind you will predominately be required to work between 3pm and midnight (however on busy nights or during high profile events this may be later and run into the early hours of the morning). Your team will undertake a range of security duties including the management of venue doors, oversee capacities and undertake patrols around the premises on hand to deal with various safety incidents involving guests, contractors or staff and act as liaison with local law-enforcement, food safety and fire department agencies. But stress that hospitality and our guests experience is also a primary objective.
Within your role you will manage a large security team which also provide 24 hour coverage of the building and work to implement property wide legislation, policies and practices which deliver a safe and compliant environment with best practice in mind. You will be passionate about delivering a quality Security service with a meticulous eye for detail, maintaining your team’s standards through coaching and training in order to achieve the highest levels of service and presentation; with an adaptive hands-on approach in order to lead, guide and continuously train a team of Security Officers to become part of a professional and highly trained Safety & Security team that is anything but standard and ensures safety is at the forefront of everybody’s minds!
This is a key position within our management and nightlife team and you will represent the hotel across notable industry and Security forums, work closely with the local police, transport, fire and safety services and ensure we have close working security relationships with our neighbouring nightlife businesses throughout the Kings Cross area.
Do you have what it takes to be our Security Manager (Nightlife)....
While we take every detail of design and guest experience seriously, we do not take ourselves too seriously. ‘Standard People’ are at the heart of our brand; vivid, dynamic and engaging. You will need to be a confident and proactive self-starter, able to work autonomously, as well as take direction, and as such we are ideally seeking an individual with a number of years’ experience gained in a Senior Security of Nightlife role gained within the UK or International Hospitality industry.
In addition to this you will also need….
- Minimum of 3 years Security management experience ideally gained as a Security Manager in a similar Luxury ‘Lifestyle’ hotel, Private Members club or large Restaurant/bar/club venue
- Candidates must have prior experience of working in the Late night / Nightlife industry including door supervision (and be willing to support the operation during large events and parties).
- Be comfortable & flexible in mostly working evenings & late nights
- Highly motivated and pro-active; acting with professionalism and positivity in all interactions
- Sound decision making; the calm in the storm
- Extensive knowledge and experience in Health & Safety
- All candidates should also hold SIA Licence, Personal Licence, First Aid, CCTV control, Fire Marshal and be qualified to a minimum of level 2 in Health & Safety.
- We are defined by our richness of personality and diversity of background and lifestyle so if you think you have what it takes to be our Security Manager (Nightlife) we’d love to meet with you.
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates.