Shift Engineer - London Posting Date
Jun 27, 2022Job Number
Engineering & FacilitiesLocation
The London EDITION, 10 Berners Street, London, London, United Kingdom Brand
EDITION Hotels combine the visionary genius of boutique hotelier Ian Schrager, the service delivery of a world-class luxury hotel, and the global reach of Marriott International to create an entirely new experience in the world of hospitality. Our hotels are stunning microcosms of the world's top cities, featuring the finest in dining, entertainment, nightlife, and service to create an enchanting experience that makes your spirit soar!
But to create this magical experience, we need you.
EDITION is hiring warm, out-going, authentically amazing people who are looking for a place to work that inspires them, challenges them and makes them proud to come to work. A place where service comes from the heart, not from a handbook. A place that delivers a never-ending theatrical performance that continuously delights and enchants each and every one of our guests.
We invite you to join us today.
The London EDITION is looking for its next Shift Engineer!
Would you like a job that gives you...
- Discounted accommodation in over 9,000 hotels all over the world. Yes, 9,000!
- 5 breakfast when staying in any of our European hotels
- Discounted food & drink in all our restaurants and bars
- Discounts for your friends and family
- Free gym membership
- Wellness and mental health programmes
- Flexible scheduling
- 20 Holiday days (increasing with length of service)
- World class training and development, including leadership development
- Unlimited career opportunities (internationally and locally)
- Half price cinema tickets
- Specially curated discounts in thousands of shops
- Amazing staff parties
- ...and much more
We are looking for a driven, diligent and friendly Shift Engineer to join the team at The London EDITION hotel.
As a Shift Engineer you will:
- Be responsible for carrying out any repair or maintenance issues throughout the hotel as and when they arise
- Respond to and attend to guest repair requests
- Perform preventative maintenance on tools, kitchen and mechanical room equipment
- Report on any new or developing engineering works that need to be addressed to the Engineering Manager
- Assist with maintaining the physical appearance and operational efficiency of the hotel including physical, mechanical, electrical, plumbing etc.
- Assist with inventory organisation and ordering
- You will be an excellent communicator and build excellent relationships with departments across the hotel
Our most successful Shift Engineer is someone who:
- Understands the impact of their job in the overall guest experience
- Is a team player
- Is a great communicator
- Can build excellent relationships with departments across the hotel
- Has a strong attention to detail
- Is organised and can multi-task
- Has proven problem-solving skills
- Has previous experience working in Engineering or Maintenance within a hotel setting
- Has fun while doing their job!
EDITION Hotels combine the visionary genius of boutique hotelier Ian Schrager, the service delivery of a world-class luxury hotel, and the global reach of Marriott International to create an entirely new experience in the world of hospitality. Our hotels are stunning microcosms of the world's top cities, featuring the finest in dining, entertainment, nightlife, and service to create an enchanting experience that makes your spirit soar.
If this sounds like the perfect place for you, apply to be our next Shift Engineer today!
EDITION is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.