Head Greenkeeper - Dibden, Southampton
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent - 40 hours per week
We are recruiting for a new Head Greenkeeper for our Dibden site! If you are highly motivated and have experience in greenkeeping, we would love to hear from you!
- To programme and arrange and supervise Golf greenkeeping operations.
- To undertake and oversee others in the setting, operation and daily maintenance of specialist golf green keeping equipment, mowing equipment and tractors. To keep detailed and accurate records of work completed and maintenance carried out.
- To plan, organise, oversee and undertake maintenance operations so that the golf course is ready for play whilst causing the least amount of interruption to players and to ensure that no changes occur that could cause a competition to be declared void.
- To identify pest, weed or disease problems and carry out appropriate cultural or chemical control of affected areas. To set-up, calibrate and check spraying equipment.
- To assist in the surveying, planning and construction of new greens, tees and bunker around the course.
- To maintain all appropriate records, systems and financial procedures in accordance with the Company guidelines.
- To carry out all duties with regard to Health & Safety requirements and regulations according to the Health & Safety Policy
Knowledge and Experience
- Good working knowledge of green keeping and horticultural practices.
- Good working knowledge of irrigation systems and minor repairs.
- A minimum of two years’ experience of grounds maintenance/green keeping.
- Experience of working in a green keeping capacity on a golf course
- Qualifications specific to the operation of machinery.
- Qualifications specific to green keeping,
In return, you get to work for a great company with like-minded people with a competitive salary and benefits package including:
- Free access to Mytime Active Leisure and Golf for you and one other;
- Competitive annual leave package;
- Holiday purchase scheme;
- 20% off food and beverage at Mytime Active sites and free hot drinks (whilst on duty);
- Stakeholder pension;
- Exceptional achievement award scheme;
- Employee discount and salary sacrifice scheme
We are a social enterprise on a mission to improve wellbeing. We make it simple for people to get more out of life by moving more, eating better, feeling positive and making new friends. We understand what it takes to make a positive impact on everyday wellbeing and we are here to make it simple, easy and more fun for everyone in our neighbourhoods to live longer, healthier and happier lives.
Across the generations, from children to grandparents and everyone in between, we help people get to where they want to be, whatever their starting point. With swimming, gyms, golf, bowling, social and health programmes, our range of wellbeing services ensures we have something for everyone.
How to apply
Please apply with a CV and covering letter, stating why your skills and experience make you ideal for this position.
*All offers of employment are conditional upon you signing the contract of employment and the following being secured:
- Satisfactory health clearance;
- Two satisfactory references;
- Proof of attainment of qualifications;
- Evidence of your right to work in the United Kingdom; and
- If applicable, satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
- Mytime Active reserve the right to remove the advert for this role as required.
*Please note we will give preferential consideration to internal employees that are to be re-deployed providing they meet the criteria.
Diversity at Mytime Active
*Mytime Active applies its Equal Opportunities Policy at all stages of recruitment and selection. Shortlisting, interviewing and selection is carried out without regard to gender, sexual orientation, marital status, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origins, religion or belief, age or trade union membership. Those with disabilities meeting the minimum requirements for the post will be shortlisted and reasonable adjustments will be made to ensure they are not disadvantaged during the interview process.