Operations Manager - Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire
Biddulph Valley Leisure Centre
This is an outstanding career opportunity with a market leader committed to providing a diverse and meaningful range of leisure and culture related activities for the local communities in which we serve.
We have an exciting opportunity in our Staffordshire Moorlands contract. Biddulph Valley Leisure Centre is a busy community based leisure centre, comprising a 25 metre swimming pool, 50+ station gym, functional training area, group exercise / activity studio, 6 court sports hall and 3 squash courts.
This key role will report to the Centre Manager and the successful candidate will be responsible for the day to day operation of the centre including health and safety, customer care, financial procedures and leading and managing multiple departments when on duty. Working hours include evenings and weekends on a rota of 40 hours per week.
The postholder will take a lead role in developing and promoting an exciting and innovative leisure programme to increase the usage and profitability of the centre.
- To ensure the highest possible standards of Health and Safety and customer care within the Centre.
- To develop and promote an exciting, innovative leisure programme in order to increase the usage and profitability of the Centre.
- To assume shift management responsibility for the centre to maximise the total performance of the centre and maintain the highest standards of customer care.
- To assist the Centre Manager in financial planning and budget setting to maximise the profitability of the business.
- To organise and manage the Duty Manager team in the absence of the Centre Manager.
- The successful candidate will ideally have previous knowledge of the leisure industry and a good level of experience of working in a very busy wet/dry facility.
- Excellent communication skills, flexibility and a total commitment to customer service are essential.
- The post holder will manage a team, ensuring the sound operation and safety of staff and customers.
- Will be able to gain acceptance and respect from clients and the teams.
- Will be able to build strong relationships with customers, clients and employee’s.
- Will be able to demonstrate clear identification with all customer requirements.
- Successful applicants will be provided with full training in all aspects of this role.
- An NPLQ qualification is essential. A Pool Plant Operators qualification is desirable as well as a recognised Leisure Management qualification or equivalent vocational qualification.
- This position requires a DBS disclosure.
What can Lex Leisure offer you?
- Competitive salary
- Generous annual leave
- Free gym membership for you and a nominated person
- Employee health cash plan
- Employee discount portal - discounts on travel bookings, high street vouchers, gift cards, cinema tickets, days out, leisure activities and your day to day spending
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Pension Scheme
- Company sick pay
- Career progression
- Training and development
Lex Leisure is a well established business that is continuously growing. Successful applicants can look forward to joining a company that can offer career prospects and believes in investing in its people.
How to Apply
If this opportunity excites you, and you think you’re the type of person we’re looking for, then please apply with a covering letter and CV.
If you are interested in applying for this role, we suggest that you do so at the earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment as interviews will be held throughout the process. Please note that if you have not received correspondence within 21 days then please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
The Parkwood Leisure Holdings Ltd Group are proud to be Equal Opportunity Employers that are committed to inclusion and diversity.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: Up to £21,819.60 per year
- Cycle to work scheme
- Gym membership
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability