Senior Line Chef
Salary: £11.88 per hour
Why working for Hilton?
- Do you know what it takes to supervise a team to deliver excellent standards on time, every time?
- As a supervisor are you supportive, enthusiastic and inclusive?
- Do you take pride in ensuring the highest standards of food quality and food safety?
- Are you passionate about working with high-quality ingredients and sustainability in the food chain?
- If so, the Hilton Senior Line Chef role is tailor-made for you!
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travellers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
What are the Perks?
The Big Stuff
- Endless 1:1 training that will help you in your new role
- Access to hundreds of courses on Hilton University platform
- Opportunity to travel the world through GO Hilton programme
- Worldwide Career opportunities
- Hilton Marketplace where you get rewarded with discounts in high street & online shops and many other offers for you to enjoy.
The Standard Bits
- Our Senior Line Chefs ensure that a wide range of carefully designed dishes is prepared, presented and delivered with pride and precision. Senior Line Chefs will support the delivery of high-quality food in all outlets and you will provide food for all occasions - including breakout options for those attending meetings and banqueting events.
- As an integral part of the kitchen team, our Senior Line Chefs contribute to the overall commercial performance of the business whilst delivering excellent Guest and Team Member experiences.
- At the heart of our kitchen operations, each team member follows standardised processes designed to ensure efficient delivery of high-quality centralised menus that provide our guests with a high-quality dining experience.
The Fun Bits
- To ensure the delivery of high quality, consistently presented menu items
- To manage food cost controls
- To ensure compliance with all food safety requirements.
- To track, monitor and minimise waste
- To ensure a focus on sustainability targets
- Perform against KPI targets for the kitchen in a balanced scorecard that covers financial performance, Guest experience, and our Team Member experience
- To ensure adherence to the cook book specifications, processes and visuals
- When appropriate to deliver creative and bespoke solutions that ensure Guest needs are addressed
The Day to Day Stuff
- To work with the Kitchen Manager to ensure new menus are implemented as appropriate to the business needs
- To create conditions that help team members to thrive at work allowing them to be their authentic selves
- To work with the hotel leadership team to develop a workplace culture that recognises and rewards good work
Working shifts (including evenings and weekends), we can guarantee that there will be plenty of variety and opportunity to both work hard and have fun in the workplace.
The Skills and Attributes that will help you to succeed
- Leading the way and reflecting the Hilton Values in all that you do
- The ability to supervise and motivate a team to consistently deliver to brand standard
- The passion to ensure excellent customer experiences on time every time
- The ability to plan, organise and direct
- The ability or remain composed and find solutions to challenges that arise
- To be a persistent role model for excellence in personal and work place hygiene