Field Studies Tutor - Loughton, Essex
- FSC Epping Forest and FSC London, predominantly based at FSC Epping Forest, Loughton, Essex
- From £21,279 up to £22,582 per annum plus benefits
- 37.5 hours per week / annualised / permanent
- Accommodation available
“Working with young people to share our passion and knowledge to inspire our future scientists, environmentalists, conservationists, campaigners, teachers, global citizens…” Field Studies Council Tutor.
Our Field Studies Tutors develop, plan and deliver ‘out-of-classroom learning’ activities and engage students to achieve our vision to inspire everyone to be curious, knowledgeable, passionate and caring about our environment.
This is essentially an active role and will require the post-holder to teach students from Key Stage 1-Key Stage 5 (A level) as well as family/adult groups. Taught sessions predominantly include primary nature studies, secondary geography and ecology investigations.
You will also be able to carry out duties associated with effectively managing groups in an outdoor learning location, whilst ensuring the health and safety of the group at all times.
With previous teaching / tutoring experience the successful candidate will be educated to degree level or equivalent in Science, Geography, Environmental Studies, Maths or a closely allied discipline. You will be experienced in producing and preparing teaching resources and able to use interactive whiteboards, GiS, presentation software and spreadsheets.
We ask that you have –
- A great work ethic where aptitude and attitude are key
- A natural pride in the work you produce
- A flexible and adaptive approach able to perform using your own initiative both independently and as a team player
- A professional manner in all that you do
- An empathy with the aims and objectives of Field Studies Council
- A committed and proactive approach to personal development; motivated to learn new skills and overcome new challenges
- Holidays - pro-rata of 28 days, excluding bank holidays (increases with length of service - up to 2 extra days)
- Sick Pay
- 24hr Counselling Helpline Service
- Life Assurance
- Health Cash Plan
- Training & Development
- Happy to talk flexible working!
- Accommodation can be provided on a chargeable basis
The closing date for receipt of your completed application is 30 June.
We reserve the right to close the vacancy if we’re in receipt of sufficient applications.
Please apply early to avoid disappointment.
Interviews are scheduled to take place at FSC Epping Forest and are w/c 4 July.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted by email.