Canterbury - 39 Hours
Join the Pets at Home Group, where you'll enjoy a competitive salary, with the opportunity to earn an annual bonus, as well as a comprehensive range of benefits.
At Pets at Home, we have an ambitious plan to become "The Best Pet Care Business in the world", and a key part of delivering this in a sustainable way will be our most cherished assets: our People and our Culture. We are a business built on strong values and behaviours which guide everything we do. These are the foundations that will help us to deliver Our Better World Pledge, to create a better world for pets and the people who love them.
We are delighted to have recently won "Best Place to Work" and "Best Retailer" at the Retail Week Awards! These are prestigious awards within the Retail Industry, and we couldn't be prouder to be winners. We were also shortlisted in three 2021 Personnel Today Award categories, including "Employee Benefits Award", "Family Friendly Employer of the Year", and we were also winners of the "HR Team of the Year award"!
The Pets at Home Group includes over 450 stores, over 310 Groom Rooms and 440 First Opinion Vet Practices. It's fast-paced, innovative, fun, and we put people at the very heart of everything we do. Our culture is friendly and inclusive. Each one of our teams is unique because we welcome everyone, and everyone can be themselves. If you share our belief that together 'we're better with pets', we'd like to hear from you, whatever your background or circumstances. Click here to read our Values & Behaviours
As Salon Manager, you will lead from the front and with a hands-on approach, you will inspire your team, inject fun into the workplace and create a truly amazing place to work and pamper your pet. You will be responsible for setting the standard of grooming within the salon and offering our customers a Pawsitively Outrageous Service throughout the salon. You will drive business within the salon and deliver the very highest standard of pet grooming. Your excellent communication skills will be fully utilised as you deal with customers and their pets daily. You will be responsible for managing, motivating, and training a small team of Dog Groomers & Trainee Dog Groomers. You will effectively manage and plan the team rotas and effectively manage the salon diary to maximise the number of appointments. You will be responsible for any recruitment needs within the team.
We will give you the training, skills, and knowledge to enable you to provide our customers with service that reflects our goals of being the ‘Best Pet Care Business in the World’.
The candidate we are looking for is:
- Experienced in working within a grooming environment and it is essential that you can complete a groom from start to finish on most breeds to a high standard.
- Qualified - Ideally has a grooming related qualification.
- Able to demonstrate the ability to manage a team and ideally will have led a team within a grooming environment.
- Commercially aware and understands the importance of driving salon sales.
- Proficient at effectively managing a salon diary to maximise the number of appointments.
- Driven to deliver high standards within the workplace.
- Passionate about pets and people wanting to be part of a successful salon and proactive in your approach.
- Flexible. Due to the nature of working within a busy retail environment, we need you to have the ability to work a flexible shift pattern across 7 days a week.
Your Benefits We reward and recognise our Salon Managers in ways that matter to them
Our benefits are designed to support your mental, emotional, and financial wellbeing, both now and in the future. Here are some of our benefits which may be available to you:A discretional annual bonus scheme available to all hourly paid colleagues
all colleagues will receive at least 28* days paid annual leave
which will rise to 33* days after 2 years
(*this includes 8 bank holidays and will be pro rata calculated on your contracted hours) The company will contribute at least 3.5% of your salary into you company pension plan
and most colleagues can also take advantage of our salary sacrifice pension scheme We’ve given all colleagues access to recognise and celebrate your teams and colleague’s
achievements through peer-to-peer e-cards on our online recognition and benefits platform. You can also nominate your colleagues or teams to win colleague or team of the month! Enhanced maternity, paternity, adoption and shared parental leaveAn additional day’s paid leave
for your BirthdayAn additional day’s paid leave
to welcome your new pet into your family, which we like to call your “Pet-ernity” day! (if you have a new dog, horse or cat in the family)An additional day’s paid leave
to carry out Your Better World Pledge day which enables colleagues to provide significant value and non-financial support to pets, people and our planet within their local community. An additional week’s paid leave
(pro rata) to celebrate your wedding or civil partnership.A gift
from us if you are expecting or adopting a baby!Long service awards and gifts
to celebrate service anniversaries between 5 - 30 years.Colleagues with at least 1 years’ service who are experiencing unexpected financial hardship can apply for a non-repayable grant
from our Colleague Hardship Fund.
Colleague discounts for all Pets at Home Group brands, within our Pets at Home stores, The Groom Room, Vets4Pets and online.Discounted pet insurance as part of our ongoing partnership with Petplan®
- We want our colleagues to share in the success of our business, which is why we offer two fantastic discretionary share plans (subject to approval) to all store colleagues within our stores and groom rooms. An award of free shares each year; and access to join our Sharesave scheme for colleagues to save a chosen amount of money every month for 3 years to purchase shares at a 20% discounted share price.Access to our Cycle to Work scheme to buy a tax-free bicycle, equipment, or both.There are lots of savings and discounts to be made on your everyday purchases with over 800 retailers and services instore and online through our benefits platform. We provide you with support, information and useful links to manage your financial wellbeing such as money tools, a budget planner, loan calculator, financial information on budgeting, spending, credit and borrowing, links to financial support, financial aid and easy access savings and loans.We also provide you with tools, articles, helplines and support to help you manage your mental, physical and emotional wellbeing.A free, confidential Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) provided by the Retail Trust for all colleagues, which provides access to counselling and information on managing mental health, self-care, managing stress, domestic abuse, loneliness, low self-esteem, bereavement, relationship breakdowns, and much more.Life Assurance cover for all colleagues. We don't like to think about it, but it’s good to know that we provide financial security for your chosen beneficiaries in the unfortunate event of your death.
Click here for more details and other benefits.
Please note that we reserve the right to close a vacancy before the closing date due to the large volume of applications that we may receive. It’s important that our team can manage application levels whilst offering a positive candidate experience. If you are interested in this vacancy, please apply now to avoid the disappointment of this happening. Thank you