Finance & Systems Manager - Southwark, London
- Closing date: 17 July 2022
- Location: London
- Schedule: Full-Time
- Salary Range: £52,440 - £65,697
- Job Type: Finance
- Contract Type: Permanent
Can You Inspire Southwark Council to shape a new future for public leisure services?
Southwark is a large, ambitious and progressive council with a ‘can do’ attitude and enviable reputation. As a Council, we are successful, passionate and forward-thinking. In June 2023, Leisure Services will transfer from the current operator back to the Council.
The new Finance and Systems Manager role provides the opportunity to be at the centre of shaping a new future for leisure services in Southwark; to shape a new business unit ready to operate a 12-million-pound business by June 2023. If you enjoy a challenge, can see the bigger picture whilst maintaining an eye for detail, we would like to hear from you. This role demands vision, passion and inspirational leadership to build a high performing operation.
The Finance and systems manager’s key role will be to develop, manage and monitor financial, HR and ICT systems. We are looking for an inspirational, and experienced Finance Systems Manager to provide the department lead on financial management of the Leisure Insourcing Service, utilising accounting and finance expertise to manage a sound, robust and timely finance service, including management of support processes and staff.
You will lead on developing, delivering, embedding strong financial governance, polices and processes and overall management of ICT functions and HR management, and will develop strategic and operational plans to support success in delivering a commercially viable, long-term service.
You will oversee and be responsible for the activities of about 12 staff within the finance & systems unit of the leisure centres of the borough.
The Leisure Division sits within the Department of Environment and Leisure, which is responsible for the day-to-day management of parks and open spaces, trees, sports and leisure, cemeteries, youth and play, highways, roads, parking, refuse collection, street cleansing, culture and libraries. It also looks after public health, trading standards and consumer safety. You will report directly into the Leisure Division but will also develop vital and strong links with the Corporate Finance team.
- Should be a qualified accountant.
- Can demonstrate extensive knowledge of planning, setting, control and monitoring of budgets within set allocations.
Should have extensive experience in:
- Financial Governance.
- Financial Planning.
- Financial Decision Making.
- Financial Monitoring and Forecasting.
- Financial Reporting.
- Experience in staff and team management including objective setting, performance and output management.
- Experience in financial modelling and job costing and its application in management accounting.
To make an application, please click on the apply button, with the following prepared:
- Your CV
- A covering letter that sets out your motivation for applying for this secondment, and why you think your skills and experience make you suitable. No more than two side of A4.
Additional salary details
- Job type – Permanent (Full Time)
- Might be required to work weekends and evenings to meet the needs of the service.
- No DBS check required.
- Comply with and promote the Council’s Equal opportunities policy
- Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend an Assessment Centre.
Application closing date: 11.59pm on 17 July 2022.
Interview date: 3 August 2022.
We are an organisation who is passionate about our people and understands that richness of diversity is a requirement to provide the best possible services to our communities. This is demonstrated through our council-wide ambitious commitment to tackle racial inequality in our communities and workforce through our Southwark Stands Together initiative. We particularly welcome applications from members of the black, Asian and ethnic minority communities to increase representation at senior management level in the Council.