Spa Therapist (Qualified Level 3 or equivalent) - Oxford St, London
We are building a brand that represents the people of the world. It’s what you do that counts, and we are always looking to expand perspectives and voices to shape our future. We see you, we celebrate you, we want you!
Lush’s flagship store on Oxford Street is recruiting for Spa Therapists. Predominantly a retail space, Lush Oxford street also boasts a café with the best people-watching space available on the busiest high street in Europe. Hidden away downstairs there is a perfume library and a highly demanded 5 couch Spa. The Lush Spa is a truly wonderful place to work. Opening in 2015, Lush Spa Oxford Street offers treatments that reinvent massage: luxurious, effective, and innovative, transporting our clients from one state of mind when they arrive, to another when they leave.
We believe in investing in our therapists. Training will take place on-site with Spa Trainers and Managers looking after your development and journey. Becoming a Lush Spa Therapist provides the opportunity to create a magical career whilst being trained to the highest level, allowing you to further develop your existing massage skills with our innovative treatments. Our 5* treatments are professionally recognised through the Guild of Beauty Therapists and you will gain skills that will last a lifetime.
Well-being is as much about looking after the environment, animals, and other people as it is about looking after yourself. We truly want you to be the best you can be and in return, we offer all the support needed for you to be able to deliver amazing experiences to our guests!
Spa treatments have been our best-kept secret for over a decade, even in the heart of London, and we have some amazing opportunities to share these treatments with you and our growing clientele.
Who you’ll be
- With an NVQ Level 3 or equivalent qualification in beauty or holistic therapy which includes full body massage
- Passionate about delivering excellent customer service and treatments
- With a proactive approach to building the business
- Passionate about representing our brand, ethics and products both on the shop floor and in the Spa
- Deep tissue massage experience is desirable but not essential
What’s in it for you
- Full inhouse Lush Spa training (paid for at your hourly rate)
- Injury prevention training & Alexander Technique
- Spa Therapist tunic
- 50% discount on Lush products and spa treatments
- Bonus scheme
- Pension scheme
- Day off for birthdays
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Discounted rail and bus season tickets
- Employee assistance programme
- 6 months’ full pay for parental leave (primary caregiver)
- Financial childcare support on return to work
- We’re 10% Employee Owned, our colleagues have the opportunity to influence positive change in the business and have their voice heard
- Support groups, film nights, yoga, meditation sessions, and much more
What’s it like working for Lush
People are at the heart of our business. We want you to enjoy and challenge yourself, build a career, and teach us what we don’t know, so we’ve created a culture where your job description is a starting point, not an end goal. Our working style is flexible, fluid, supportive, and authentic - if you’ve got the drive to push yourself and try different things, you will have our support. You can find more information here - weare.lush.com
Good to know
Salary: £11.05 per hour* - Introduction period in-store and whilst in initial training (*up to £12.05 per hour as training and career develop). We support the London living wage set out by the London living wage foundation.
Contract: Various 32 - 40 hours contracts available (This will be various shifts including weekends)
Training: London & Poole based
How To Apply: Please send us your CV and covering letter, detailing why you want to become a part of the cosmetic revolution.
Closing date: 17th July
Telephone Interviews: 18th - 19th July
Group, Practical & Individual Interviews: 20th or 27th July