Assistant General Manager - The Cleveland Arms - Paddington, London
Quite possibly one of the most beautiful Bars & restaurants you may see.
Situated in Paddington, close to Lancaster Gate tube, The Cleveland Arms offers the most beautiful settings over two floors with a sunny terrace at the front.
Situated at the end of a mews – this is a stunning place to work that offers exquisite menus & service
A rare opportunity has arisen for a determined and ambitious Assistant Manager who is looking for their next move to stardom!
What we offer
- Management development through Watershed (Independent school for restaurant business)
- Training with qualifications of BTECH available
- Camden town brewery beer school placement available
- WSET levels 1 & 2 available
- Annual trips
- Free meal on duty
- 25% off food and drinks across all 12 of our pubs
- Incentives & recognition
- Bi - Annual Staff party and team events
- Refer a friend Scheme
- Supplier Training - learn about your produce enjoy some tastings
- E-Learning – Flow modules that are certified
- Pension Scheme
- Access to wages early – early pay
- Employee assistance through the Licenced Trade Charity
The role & requirements
We are looking for an experienced Assistant Manager who is warm, welcoming, passionate about people & truly enjoys the Hospitality Industry.
- Min of 1 year experienced as AM in a high volume venue
- Excellent experience in standards
- Excellent Communication skills
- Genuine love for hospitality and chatting with the customers! It’s a very personable pub!
- A desire to learn and grown
- A desire to be an all rounder and really get stuck in
- Experience in rota, recruitment, training, and onboarding staff members
- Confidence with opening & closing venues
- Confident with people
- Knowledge of Health & Safety and all BOH admin
- Personal Licence
- Ability to lead & motivate the team
The Company – Market Taverns
We are a collection of 12 charming British pubs located in the heart of London, offering a warm and friendly atmosphere with a selection of award-wining ales, fine wines and delicious seasonal British fare.
If you like one, you'll most certainly love the rest. Each of our locations has its own individual character and unique feel.
If you would like to be considered for the role of Assistant Manager, then please send through your CV
Due to the number of applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Only Assistant Managers eligible to work in the UK or have a valid UK work permit/visa will be considered for the above position including settlement status.