Fancy a career with the UK’s largest holiday park operator?
Parkdean Resorts was voted the 2020 Best UK Family holiday Company and our accolades do not stop there. Our business is fast paced, exciting and full of opportunity across our 66 UK parks. Where better to carve your career within the industry?
At Parkdean Resorts we don’t leave unforgettable moments to chance.
We pitch in, we work hard, and we grow, challenging and inspiring each other to make great things happen every, single, day. We’re the people people, Parkdean people - we’re family, creating amazing memories together.
What we live by & what we look for:
| we care about our guests, our people and our communities.
| we make great things happen, making the most of every minute.
| we celebrate difference and encourage each other to be ourselves.
| we’re family, offering a home away from home where people feel safe.
| we value all.
Our Designate General Manager Programme is fast becoming a huge success for our business. We recognise that General Managers from outside of our sector bring valuable experience and skills to the Holiday Park Industry. This is why we are keen to speak to experienced General Managers from other target driven industries who have experience of leading successful teams and managing multiple revenue streams. Then it’s over to us to put you through your paces at our 12 week Designate training programme where we equip you with all the additional skills you need to run your own holiday park.
Your main responsibilities will include:
• Managing, organising, controlling and supervising efficiently all elements of the park in line with current company policies and procedures ensuring delivery of the financial target of the parks EBITDA.
• Recruiting, motivating, training and consistently developing the department heads along with their direct reports to ensure we get the best from our people and deliver/exceed our guest expectations.
• Taking full responsibility of all revenue streams whilst being directly accountable for the operation of all areas of the park
• Managing, organising and controlling the process of any specified capital expenditure as directed by the Regional Director ensuring financial, conceptual and phasing objectives are achieved
• Managing agreed budgets of controllable expenses and wage costs, alongside determining and implementing strategies to increase year on year sales and to achieve agreed gross profit margins throughout all units/departments.
• Regularly exploring competitor activity, market trends and new initiatives.
• A key focus area is agreeing, with department managers, their business plans and performance targets and monitoring these.
• Planning with the management team strategies to meet the seasonal demands of the business.
The ideal person will have
• Experience of leading a successful team within a target driven industry.
• Strong business and financial acumen, ability to work to budgets and achieve targets whilst maintaining customer focus.
• An honest, professional and a respectful approach
• Experience of handling complaints, confident when faced with adversity and the ability to problem solve when faced with challenges.
• Experience of planning & organising projects
• Experience of recruiting, training and developing. Parkdean perks:
· 50% discount on holidays for you
· Stand-by breaks available at a discounted rate
· 30% off food & drink
· Clear career pathways, with progression & development
· In house incentives & competitions
PDR is committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of Children and Adults at Risk and expects all Team Members to share this commitment. Background checks including DBS (or equivalent) will be carried out.