Food & Beverage Manager - Fermain Valley Hotel, Guernsey - Live In Role
Are you an experienced Food & Beverage Manager looking for an exciting new challenge?
At Hand Picked Hotels we have an exciting new opportunity for a Food & Beverage Manager to join the team at Fermain Valley Hotel.
As the Food & Beverage Manager you will oversee the entire Food & Beverage operation and team, taking responsibility for ensuring high standards of service are consistently delivered across our 4 outlets - Buho our Latin themed restaurant, Ocean Greek Eats, The Rock Garden Steak House and The Valley Tea Rooms
You will manage, support and guide our vibrant team to ensure they create fantastic memories for all of our guests; whether they are dining in our restaurants, having a relaxing breakfast or afternoon tea, enjoying a drink outside, attending an event or simply having room service and a night in front of the TV!
You are the ultimate hospitality professional able to make each and every guest feel special and have the ability to encourage, and motivate team members to do the same. Your outstanding knowledge of all things food and drink related will inspire those working with you and you will enjoy sharing your knowledge and making sure regular training and development is on the menu at Fermain Valley Hotel!
Contributing to the hotels strategic planning activities, you will take an active role in driving food and beverage sales, forecasting, creating and marketing a hotel calendar of food and beverage events.
You will manage the department’s payroll budget as well as other food and beverage operating costs in line with the budget ensuring targeted profit contributions are achieved.
Of course, being a Food & Beverage Manager requires a lot of skill and dedication, so you will have incredible organisational skills and attention to detail, along with stamina and the ability to remain calm under pressure.
Does this sound like a tempting opportunity you’d like to explore further? Then we’d love to hear from you.
What’s in it for you:
- A competitive salary plus service charge
- Delicious meals provided should you not wish to cook for yourself although cooking facilities are available in your flat
- Live In available at £77.50 per week
- £30 staff stays with Hand Picked Hotels per room Bed & Breakfast PLUS discounted food, drink and spa treatments. Yes, it’s as good as it sounds!
- 15 days holiday (plus 8 days bank holiday) rising to 20 days with service – we think it’s fair to value loyalty.
- Annual loyalty awards (like afternoon teas and overnight stays)
- Working and living in stunning surroundings in the heart of the New Forest
- Online retail discount platform and a health and well-being platform
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Training & Development to include Hand Picked People management training courses such as Behavioural Interviewing and Appraisal Skills.
- You will already have Food & Beverage management experience within a multi outlet Hotel
- You will have knowledge and experience of effectively managing large scale conferences, banqueting events and weddings
- You will have experience of leading large diverse teams and will enjoy developing team members and motivating them to be their best. Experience of working with seasonal teams would be an advantage due to the nature of our recruitment and payroll budgets.
- You’ll be motivated by delivering outstanding service and enjoy building rapport with guests and colleagues
- Most of all, you’ll have a professional, organised, charming and friendly approach
Hand Picked Hotels is a private collection of 21 country house hotels throughout the United Kingdom and Channel Islands. Each of our properties has its own charming character, and all of them are set in stunning surroundings; from the sandy shores of Jersey to the rolling hills of Yorkshire.
With welcoming and charming service delivered in truly inspirational settings, our guests are encouraged to relax, kick off their shoes and indulge. You make it Hand Picked!
Hand Picked Hotels is an Equal Opportunities employer.