Swim School Co-ordinator - Tonbridge, Kent
Job Type: Part Time - 25 hours per week
With over 800 boys, 200 members and 150 community clubs, the Tonbridge School Centre offers some of the best facilities in the South East, and is the hub of sport in Tonbridge.
Tonbridge School Centre are looking for an experienced Co-ordinator for manage our busy Swim School, looking after the administration and teaching of term-time lessons, holiday courses and 1:1 sessions, as well as managing a team of teachers.
The successful candidate will be appropriate qualified, highly organised, and experienced in a leisure environment. Excellent customer service is paramount with the ability to work on your own initiative.
If you have the experience, skills and qualifications to fill this role, we would like to hear from you.
Toinbridge School Centre
Tonbridge School is one of the leading boys’ boarding schools in the country and is highly respected, both here and internationally, for providing a world class education.
At Tonbridge School Centre we are a team of over 100 staff, all dedicated to offer exceptionally high-quality Leisure provision for Tonbridge School boys, and the wider public community. Tonbridge School Centre (TSC) offers some of the very best sport, leisure and gym facilities in the Southeast England and is the home of our TSC Members' Leisure Club.
The TSC Members Leisure Club is our public Members Club. Our extensive Centre facilities include a multi-level gym suite, 25m indoor swimming pool, sauna, classes studio, external tennis courts, athletics track, sports hall, astro pitches, and external basketball court. Tonbridge School Centre is also the home of Recre8, our Children's sport, educational and creative activities and courses open to all children aged 3 – teen during term-time and school holidays.
Our staff members are highly valued and are integral to the successful running of our businesses. We offer a variety of permanent and casual roles with each staff member is highly valued and rewarded with competitive renumeration and benefits package and receives ongoing career development.
Job Title: Swim School Co-ordinator
Reporting To: Recre8 Courses Manager
Main Purpose: To manage the Recre8 Swim School at the Tonbridge School Centre, including both administration and teaching of term-time lessons, holiday courses, and 1:1 sessions, as well as managing a team of teachers. To proactively develop the service including the promotion of courses and specialised coaching.
- To act as the chief point of contact for communication with parents and TSC staff regarding all Swim School activities.
- To maintain consistently high-class occupancy levels and work with the Recre8 Manager to ensure the most efficient use of pool space and time available.
- To enhance the range of half term and holiday programmes already offered by Recre8 at Tonbridge School.
- To ensure all swim activities are conducted in line with Swim England guidelines and in accordance with the H&S, Safeguarding and Child Protection policies laid down by Tonbridge School and Tonbridge School Centre.
- To be familiar with and always abide by the Normal Operating procedures and Emergency Action Plan at Tonbridge School Centre.
- To ensure the highest possible customer service standards are implemented for all users and visitors to the Centre.
- To work with the HR Department with recruiting Swim School staff.
- To manage staff rotas, enrolment and re-enrolment, maintaining awards stock and other administrative duties.
- Where necessary, to cover the teaching of Swim School lessons due to staff absence.
- To undertake any necessary training to maintain qualifications and attend additional training sessions as requested.
- To meet with the Recre8 Courses Manager and swimming instructors as and when required.
- To carry out any other related duty, requested by your line manager.
The successful candidate must maintain the confidentiality of information regarding the School, its staff and its business. Information must not be communicated to other persons either in or outside the School except in the recognised course of their duties.
The post-holder’s responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young persons for who he or she is responsible, or with whom he or she comes into contact will be to adhere to and always ensure compliance with the School’s Safeguarding and Child Protections Policy. If in the course of carrying out the duties of the post the post-holder becomes aware of any actual or potential risks to the safety or welfare of children in the School he or she must report their concerns to the Designated Safeguarding Lead or to the Headmaster.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A reliable, enthusiastic and motivated individual with a flexible approach to work
- Ability to work without supervision as part of a team
- The drive to provide exceptional customer service
- Willingness to undertake relevant training
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- A SEQ Level 2 Teaching Swimming Qualification or equivalent e.g., Swim England Level 2 certificate in Teaching Aquatics (Level 1 applicants with suitable management experience will be considered)
- Experience in a leisure management environment (desirable)
- Proven track record of efficient administration and effective team management.
HOURS OF WORK
- Part time, 25 hours per week, all year round.
- Working hours: to be discussed at interview.
- A willingness to coach/teach swimming on a weekly basis (as required).
REMUNERATION AND BENEFITS
- An annual salary of £13,130 for 25 contracted hours per week
- Swim Coaching rate of pay £23.00 per hour
- Holiday entitlement of 20 days plus bank holidays per annum rising to 25 days after five years’ service
- Pension Scheme
- Fees Remission (after three years’ service)
- Lunch provided free of charge during term time (when on duty for 6 hours or more)
- Subsidised Sports Centre membership (staff rates)
Tonbridge School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to any post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.