Head of Service - Aberdeen, Aberdeenshire
Job Type: Full Time - 36.5 hours per week
This is a new, exciting and demanding position that forms part of the performance management Team at ASV. You will join a high performing company that has quality and delivering customer excellence at its very heart. You will lead a team of talented managers who are committed to innovation and continuous improvement and you will be expected to support and motivate others while constructively challenging the status quo. You must have exceptional communication and time management qualities and be prepared to meet targets and agreed deadlines. Having a flexible approach to the working week is a given as you will be asked to attend evening meetings and weekend sporting events. This is a very demanding role but it offers great flexibility with a very attractive employment package and the promise of a high level of job satisfaction.
Other Relevant Information:
This appointment will be made subject to the terms and conditions of employment of Aberdeen Sports Village. If appropriate to the post, ASV will request a PVG record prior to employment as part of our recruitment procedures. The interview date to be confirmed.
The successful candidate will be motivated, versatile and dynamic; and interested in developing their career within a busy and vibrant sports environment in one of the country’s leading sporting facilities.
We Need a Head of Service Who Will:
- Provide strong and effective leadership and have overall responsibility and accountability for the delivery of an efficient and effective Operations.
- Have strong project management skills that ensures the success of projects in a timely and efficient manner
- Drive a customer service excellence culture, ensuring effective and regular engagement with customers and stakeholders.
- Lead, promote and adopt a rigorous approach to continuous quality service improvement
- Lead on health, safety and wellbeing management and ensure compliance at all times
- Developing, monitoring and implementing our people management strategy and create the ‘best place to work’
- Develop and implement our energy and low carbon strategy to achieve our target of net zero carbon by 2030
- Be commercially driven with the ability to identify and prioritise new opportunities alongside strong problem-solving capabilities to bring these to life.
To Be Successful You Should Have
- At least 5 years management experience
- A health and safety qualification
- A passion for people, with evidence of coaching, mentoring, and progressing your team
- Outstanding customer service skills
- A broad knowledge of sport and exercise
- Project management knowledge and experience
- CIMSPA membership
- A willingness to work flexibly
- Free gym membership
- 34 day holiday per year
- 36.5 hrs per week
- Flexible working options
- Training and development package
- Job evaluation pay review
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounted rates for friends and family