Lifeguard - Birmingham, West Midlands
We are Places Leisure, we run leisure sites across the UK to help people stay active and live their best lives.
We want you to join the Places for People Group and the 11,000 other colleagues on our journey; colleagues who have helped to build, manage, maintain places that people are proud to call home and stay active in. How do we do all this? We surround ourselves with active people, fun people and customer focussed people. Our people live and breathe our SPIRIT values; we are the place for spirited people.
More about your role
We have an exciting new opportunity as a Lifeguard at Places Leisure, where you will be working in a fun, lively environment with likeminded people. You will help to inspire others to work together and deliver their very best.
A National Lifeguard Qualification (NPLQ) would be beneficial, however if you are safety conscious, a competent swimmer and eager to gain valuable life skills, then with our continuous learning and development opportunities, we would be happy to support you in achieving this qualification. You will be required to complete a competency test before being placed on an NLPQ course.
There are many opportunities available for you within Places Leisure. Starting your career with us as a Lifeguard is a great first step to many different routes including Operational Management, Sales, Fitness or Customer Service.
In the Lifeguard Role, we will offer ongoing training & competency assessments as well as opportunities for first aid at work training, swimming teacher qualifications and a variety of apprenticeship routes.
More about you
- You will be responsible for the supervision of our customers and other lifeguards using our swimming and pool facilities.
- You will always act safely whilst holding responsibility for the Health and Safety of all pool users and oversee the operations of the building.
- You will have excellent attention to detail, ensuring the safety of our customers whilst they are enjoying the use of our facilities.
- You will have a passion for delivering first class customer service and deal with customers in a friendly and professional manner whilst going above and beyond to deliver the highest of standards.
- You will have an eye for first class cleanliness and will put this into action whenever required.
We are a large diverse and ambitious business, which will give you job security and all the challenge you could wish for. Here people can flourish, thrive, better themselves and work in fantastic communities with inspirational colleagues and customers.
We know that there's always more we can do to make you smile, that's why we offer a comprehensive benefits package to help colleagues save money or make their lives a little bit easier which can include:
- Holiday pay and sick pay
- Free health & fitness membership for you, a friend or family member and up to 4 juniors
- Discounts of up to 50% on activities, centre shop and cafes
- Contributory pension scheme
- Extra perks including huge discounts and offers from shops, cinemas and much more.
If you meet the criteria and are ready to make the next step in your career then click apply. You will be redirected to our careers site where you can discover more about the role, read a full job description and apply directly to us.