Assistant Events Manager - St Pierre Park Hotel & Spa, Guernsey
We are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic and charming Assistant Events Manager to join our team at St Pierre Park Hotel & Spa. If turning someone’s dream event into a reality is your idea of the perfect job, this is the role for you.
This is an operational role which involves setting up and clearing down events and providing high standards of service throughout the running of each event.
You are the ultimate ‘people person’, able to charm wedding couples, organise suppliers, and inspire our permanent and casual team members to be their best. Whether it’s a conference, a private dining event, a wedding or a big birthday bash, you’ll take the reins and oversee the event from start to finish (including the all-important set up and clear downs), while always keeping a cool head. The ecstatic faces of our guests as they “thank you for all your help!” will be a regular highlight to your working week.
Of course, this requires a lot of skill and dedication, so you will have incredible organisational skills and attention to detail, along with stamina and the ability to remain calm under pressure. Sound like a challenge you’d like to take on? Then we’d love to hear from you.
What’s in it for you:
- Hourly pay for all hours worked plus service charge to boost your earnings - 100% of which is split between the team
- Live in accommodation (with en-suite bathroom) charged at just £85 per week all inclusive of meals
- Holidays which increase with service - we think its fair to value loyalty
- £30 staff stays with Hand Picked Hotels per room Bed & Breakfast PLUS discounted food, drink and spa treatments. Yes, it’s as good as it sounds!
- Annual loyalty awards (like afternoon teas and overnight stays)
- Working in stunning surroundings on the beautiful island of Guernsey
- Free parking on site
- Online retail discount platform offering thousands of savings with high street retailers and restaurants as well as a health and well-being platform
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Training & Development to include Hand Picked People management training courses
- You’ll have previous experience working at a supervisory level in a Conference & Banqueting role
- You will have experience of supervising weddings and events
- You’ll be motivated by delivering the best events for our guests
- You’ll be excellent at building a rapport with colleagues and guests
- Most of all, you’ll have a professional, organised and friendly approach
St Pierre Park Hotel & Spa is a 4 Star Hotel with 131 bedrooms. It has a restaurant and is a popular conference, wedding and events venue with a variety of function rooms available along with Health Club & Spa facilities.
Hand Picked Hotels is a private collection of 21 country house hotels throughout the United Kingdom and Channel Islands. Each of our properties has its own charming character, and all of them are set in stunning surroundings; from the sandy shores of Jersey to the rolling hills of Yorkshire.
With welcoming and charming service delivered in truly inspirational settings, our guests are encouraged to relax, kick off their shoes and indulge. You make it Hand Picked!
Hand Picked Hotels is an Equal Opportunities employer. Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.