Luggage Porter -Tring, Hertfordshire
We have an opening for a “people person” who enjoys delivering a high level of customer service to our guests.
The main purpose of the Porter is to ensure that the highest standards of guest care is met at all times. Assisting Receptionist and to take responsibility for the supervision, safety and security of guests, employees. The Ideal candidate should have previous experience in a similar role, security experience is advantageous along with knowledge of Opera hotel systems.
The man duties and responsibilities include:
To handle all queries promptly ensuring the customer receives friendly and efficient response which accurately meets their demands.
To provide information and porterage service when requested.
Deliver newspapers to guest rooms
Ensure corridors are always cleared
Assist other departments where required
To ensure that the public areas of the hotel and clean and tidy at all times including the fireplace
To comply with all the company’s policies and procedures in relation to Fire, Health and Safety along with any other reasonable requests made by Management.
- Takes suitcases and bags from guests or passengers checking in and, where applicable, tags it and provides customer identification slips
- Carries luggage while escorting guests or passengers to their rooms
- Explain the hotel facilities such as the restaurant or swimming pool and show guests where they are
- Delivers newspapers to guestrooms
- Runs errands for guests or passengers, in some cases
- Ensure the corridors are always cleared
- Calls taxis for guests
- Give directions and pass on messages
- Answer questions about things like local attraction, restaurants, shops
- Carries departing guests' or passengers' luggage to cars or taxis
- Maintains appearance, cleanliness, and safety standards in hotel
- Ensures guests and passengers leave safely in the event of an evacuation
- Assists reception, housekeeping, and restaurant staff as required
- Ensure reception area and main entrance is always clean,
- Pick up the trash ,moping ,cleaning, vacuuming public areas
Ultimately, you’ll ensure our building is safe, clean and inviting.