Marketing & Communications Officer - ChesterfieldSummary
This is an exciting time to join Hardwick and Stainsby as we develop our visitor experience, engagement, audience and connections to our fantastic historic hall, collection, garden, mill and wider estate.
As Marketing and Communications Officer, you’ll be responsible for promoting our special places creatively and effectively.What it's like to work here
Hardwick, is an impressive Elizabethan masterpiece, with a world-class collection, garden, working flour mill and heritage listed estate.
It’s a fast-paced environment, where no day is the same. You’ll join our friendly 70+ team with over 400 volunteers, and report to the Visitor Operations and Experience Manager. We’re a busy, driven team, who like a challenge as well as collaborating to showcase our stories.What you'll be doing
Day to day, you’ll connect people to our places through creating content for our website, engaging social media posts and targeted email marketing, generating press releases and promotional updates, as well as identifying and sharing news-worthy stories with the media and our partners and representing us on location filming and broadcast media when you need to. You’ll manage and help develop our annual marketing plan to help achieve our ambitious targets to reach out to new audiences. Spreading the word about places to visit, things to do and raising awareness of our conservation work is key to what we're about.
Additionally, you'll be a key member of our property operations team supporting our day-to-day running - this is a great opportunity to interact with our audience and get a sense of how visitors engage with this special place.Who we're looking for
To deliver this role successfully you’ll need to have:
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills including proofreading skills and a good understanding of tone of voice in written communication
- Some experience in, or a good understanding of marketing and communications. This might include creating web content, planning and delivering social media content, creating printed marketing materials such as posters and flyers and working with journalists
- An understanding of brand management with an ability to work within the National Trust’s brand and channel guidance
- A keen interest in history, the outdoors, arts and heritage as well as experience of working with the public
- Strong customer service skills
- Advanced IT skills (including Microsoft Office)
- Problem solving skills and the ability to work on your own initiative
- Previous experience of working in a team
The National Trust has the motto ‘For everyone, for ever’ at its heart. We’re working hard to create an inclusive culture, where everyone feels they belong. It’s important that our people reflect and represent the diversity of the communities and audiences we serve. We welcome and value difference, so when we say we’re for everyone, we want everyone to be welcome in our teams too.
Wherever you’re from, and whatever your background, we want to hear from you – and it doesn’t matter if you’re jam first, cream first, or even if you don’t like scones at all. Everyone is welcome.
Benefits for working at the National Trust include:
- Flexible working whenever possible
- Free parking at most locations
- Free entry to our properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- Substantial pension scheme of up to 10% basic salary
Click here to find out more about the benefits we offer to support you.