Assistant Manager - TVG - London Bridge
LOCATION: London Bridge, UK
REPORTS TO: General Manager
RATE OF PAY: £14 per hour, plus tips
Southwark Quarter is a sprawling cultural campus nestled in London’s bankside next to Borough Market, the Tate Modern and Shakespeare’s Globe theatre. Founded in 2016, Southwark Quarter is best known for its multi-award winning music venue, Omeara which sits central to all of the offerings, as well as Flat Iron Square,an outdoor beer garden which really established itself during the summer of 2018 as one of the greatest atmospheres for major sporting events and small urban festivals.
tvg hospitality is a global entertainment & hospitality operator with offices in the United Kingdom & the United States. Founded by CEO Ben Lovett, serial entrepreneur and a multi-award winning musician, alongside his brother Greg Lovett who joined the team as CFO following many successful years with the Soho House Group.
The Assistant General Manager is a key leader in the operation of both sites in Southwark Square and is responsible for the day-to-day management of the team. Working on the front line alongside the General Manager, they will support in i) recruiting, developing and leading the site team, ii) overseeing, delivering and improving the customer experience journey, iii) taking responsibility for all aspects of health, safety and security, and iv) own the execution of the business plan.
As an integral member of the site team, the AGM will be held to the highest professional and ethical standards. They are a collaborative forward thinker, communicator, and leader who is focused on driving sales, labour productivity, cost control and effective purchasing, while delivering best in class customer experience and continuing to learn and develop into their own role each day. They will work closely with colleagues across the LVG team to promote the adoption of best practices, share knowledge, drive efficiency, and serve as a mentor.
- Protect and enhance the reputation of the site as a best-in-class destination for hospitality.
Assist in recruiting, developing and leading the site team, setting objectives and identifying growth potential in order to ensure high levels of employee engagement and retention.
- Develop, review and implement staffing strategies to ensure adequate resourcing in line with customer experience and labour productivity targets.
- Develop expertise in all technical aspects of the site operational systems and processes, including EPOS and inventory management, reservation and booking systems and function of all building plant, mechanical & electrical systems.
- Drive sales and control costs in order to deliver revenue and profitability targets.
Assist in responsibility for compliance with all relevant internal and external policy and legislation, including Financial Control, Diversity & Inclusivity, Health & Safety and Premises Licensing.
- Assist in overseeing third party contracts and service level agreements, including facilities maintenance, security, cleaning and waste management to ensure the venue is kept to the highest standard.
- A self-motivated, charismatic leader with minimum 3 years’ relevant leadership experience, gained either as Assistant General Manager, Duty Manager, F&B Manager or Bars Manager in a multi-faceted environment preferably including live music, night club, restaurant service and cocktails.
- Experience managing venues larger than 400 guests and teams larger than 30 staff.
- Demonstrated understanding of fundamental venue P&L practices, with the ability to present data in a meaningful way as needed.
- Comfortable with and experienced in a variety of digital applications to manage business processes.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills as well as the skills and knowledge to coach and mentor at every level.
- Personal License holder required
In return to your dedication and commitment, we offer:
- Generous hourly rate, plus tips
- Discounts on drinks across the group
- Training and career development programmes
- Perk box discounts
- Pension scheme
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
tvg hospitality strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information or identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
tvg hospitality recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. tvg may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.