Assistant General Manager - Southwark, London
LOCATION: London, UK
REPORTS TO: General Manager
POSITION: Full time with benefits – flexible working hours including evenings and weekends
The Assistant General Manager is a technical expert in the operation of Flat Iron Square and is responsible for the day-to-day success of the venue. Working on the front line alongside the GM, you will i) recruit, develop and lead the site team, ii) oversee the delivery of a diverse programme of events and hospitality offerings, iii) be responsible for all aspects of health, safety and security, and iv) assist in the overall execution of the business plan.
As an integral member of the Flat Iron Square team, you will be held to the highest professional and ethical standards. The Assistant General Manager is a collaborative forward thinker, communicator, and leader who is focused on driving sales, labour productivity, cost control and effective purchasing, while delivering best in class customer experience and continuing to learn and develop into their own role each day. You will work closely with colleagues across the UK Team to promote the adoption of best practices, share knowledge, drive efficiency, be a mentor and mentee.
- Protect and enhance the reputation of the venue as a best-in-class destination for culture, entertainment and hospitality.
- Assist in recruiting, developing and leading the site team, setting objectives and identifying growth potential in order to ensure high levels of employee engagement and retention.
- Develop, review and implement staffing strategies to ensure adequate resourcing in line with customer experience and labour productivity targets.
- Develop expertise in all technical aspects of the site operational systems and processes, including EPOS and inventory management, reservation and booking systems, event planning, advancing & execution and function of all building plant, mechanical & electrical systems.
- Drive sales and control costs in order to deliver revenue and profitability targets.
- Collaborate with the programming and production departments to ensure the effective planning and execution of the events calendar.
- Assist in responsibility for compliance with all relevant internal and external policy and legislation, including Financial Control, Diversity & Inclusivity, Health & Safety and Premises Licensing.
- Assist in overseeing third party contracts and service level agreements, including facilities maintenance, security, cleaning and waste management to ensure the venue is kept to the highest standard.
- Experience of managing a cloud based EPOS (electronic point of sale) system.
- Strong experience in managing stocks; inventory management, order and delivery management, service management.
- Experience in managing a small team of supervisors and/or assistant managers.
- Shift running experience:
- Briefing & managing staff of varying positions & responsibilities
- Briefing and managing a security team
- Handling external authorities ie. licensing & police enquiries
- Experience in rota-ing staff, utilising cloud based scheduling software and managing time and attendance issues.
- Experience in handling service specific systems and customer related issuesMust have a personal license.
- You must be a self-motivated, charismatic leader with minimum 3 years’ relevant management experience, gained either as Assistant General Manager, Duty Manager, F&B Manager or Bars Manager in a multi-faceted environment including live music, night club, restaurant service and cocktails.
- Experience managing venues larger than 200 guests and teams larger than 20 staff.
- You must demonstrate an understanding of fundamental venue P&L practices, with an ability to present data when necessary.
- You should be comfortable and have experience using a variety of digital applications to manage business processes.
- Demonstrate exceptional interpersonal skills and an ability to coach and mentor at every level.
We believe in development and welcome the opportunity to work with our staff to reach career goals and personal development.
In addition to a fantastic working environment and best in the industry colleagues, we are pleased to offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays annually, increasing to 28 days after 2 complete years with us
- An extra day to enjoy celebrating your birthday!
- Flexible working environment
- Private medical insurance for you and your significant others
- Life insurance
- Statutory pension
- Discounts on wellness incentives, employee assistance programs and thousands of retailers
- Generous site discount for you, your friends and family
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
tvg hospitality strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information or identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
tvg hospitality recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Venue Group may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.