Learn to Swim Venue/Cluster Coordinator - Total Swimming Academies - Newcastle upon Tyne
Hours: Full Time including weekends
Salary: Up to £24,000
Our Olympians need you!
How would you like to work with Total Swimming Group - one of Britain's most successful sport and leisure businesses?
We are looking for an engaging and inspiring individual to work as a Regional Coordinator to join our industry leading swimming teaching team, delivered at centres across the UK.
Are you an excellent communicator with great organisational skills and patience? Do you have experience working with children and parents? Then look no further.
We are looking for engaging and inspiring coordinators to manage our learn to swim programmes. Your primary role will be to effectively coordinate the teaching team, mentor and develop teachers and manage the programme to minimise cancellations and meet customer demands. You will assist in the recruitment and induction of teachers and receptionists to ensure an excellent customer experience.
As part of your role, you will be responsible for the performance of your cluster and retention of the customer base, taking ownership for issues and complaints. You will be expected to maintain great relationships with current customers, promote our programme to new customers and feedback improvements to ensure a world class learn to swim programme.
If you share our passion for changing lives through learning to swim and want to make a difference both in and out of the water, then this is a rare opportunity to join a progressive and industry leading company.
Full training and qualification can be provided, we recruit on character and personality – so change your life and get in touch today!
- To take an active role in the operations and growth of the business at your venue
- An ability to influence all KPIs in relation to the customer, people, and operational areas of the balanced scorecard
- Responsible for the operational performance of your venue (s)
- Responsible for performance and growth of your venue (s)
- Assist in programming and promotions through innovative ideas to meet the demands of the customers, organisational plans and retention programmes
- Contribute to groupu projects to maximise usage and support growth
- Coordinate the learn to swim provision and drive standards across the team to provide a world class customer experience
- Establish and maintain excellent customer relationships, dealing with complaints where necessary
- Engage, influence and motivate your team of swimming teachers, customer ambassadors and lifeguards
- Work collaboratively with the Learning and Development team to mentor and develop the teachers in line with company training programmes
- Responsible for maintaining a positive relationship with stakeholders of your venue
A natural manager, who leads by example with;
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Professional and sympathetic to the interests and needs of the swimmer and parent/guardian
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate good judgement at all times
- Strong literacy, numeracy and IT skills
- Level 2 Qualified Swimming Instructor (Swim England) is desirable