Store Colleague/Night Delivery Drivers Mate (Airlock Rep)
Store Colleague/Night Delivery Drivers Mate - Cardiff 24 hours
An exciting opportunity to work within a hybrid role, where you'll be primarily based in-store working as a Store Colleague and then out on the open road within the Cardiff area working as an Airlock Rep (providing cover for approx. 18 weeks a year) as and when required. An Airlock Rep accompanies and assists the Pets at Home Delivery Driver with deliveries to stores outside of trading hours (often overnight).
Key Responsibilities for Airlock Rep:
- Accompany the Pets at Home Delivery Driver on the Airlock Delivery run
- Act as key-holder on behalf of Pets at Home Ltd
- To assist in ensuring that deliveries are made on time, reporting any variances on the driver’s paperwork
- To gain safe and secure access to all stores on the Airlock run, and to allow the delivery to be unloaded
- Deliver store order pallets into stores
- To check the pallet counts against the delivery documents and report any variances, on the driver’s paperwork
- Ensure that all seals are unbroken, and record details on the driver’s paperwork
- To secure the premises after the delivery has been dropped
- Know and apply the health and safety and security procedures
- Awareness, safety, and well-being of others in line with Company procedures and requirements on safe working practices
We are looking for people who will:
- Be hands on and able to lift heavy objects
- Able to work quickly, accurately, and safely
- Willing and able to work unsociable hours
*** Own transport required to commute to local stores in the Cardiff area ***
Please note that you will get an enhanced rate of pay when you are working as an Airlock Rep after 10 pm at night (£13.59 per hour)
As a Store Colleague, your role will be at the heart of our stores, and you will ensure our customers have a great experience that sets us apart and drives customer loyalty for our great brands.
Our Store Colleagues are critical to the success of our business. They are responsible for exceeding our customer's expectations daily, ensuring the highest standard of pet care, brilliant operational standards, and building strong relationships with our customers and colleagues.
This role will offer 18 hours per week and we are looking for someone to work in the store on a Tuesday, Friday and Sunday (6 am - 12 pm).The role will be predominantly be unpacking deliveries and putting stock out. We could offer additional hours (up to 6 taking you up to 24 Hours) These additional hours would be at one of our other local stores.
We will also give you the training, skills, and knowledge to provide our customers with service that reflects our goals of being the 'Best Pet Care Business in the World'.
The candidate we are looking for is:
- Passionate about delivering great service
- Flexible. Due to the nature of working within a busy retail environment, we need you to have the ability to work a flexible shift pattern across 7 days a week. You will receive a minimum contract of 18 hours, but you will often be required to work more hours to cover busy periods, absences, and holidays.
- Experienced in a customer-facing environment
- Experienced in achieving stretching targets
- Ready to take on 12 months of industry-leading training covering all the key aspects of the role, handling and caring for Pets, Customer Service and Health and Safety.
Join the Pets at Home Group, where you'll enjoy a competitive base pay, with opportunities to earn the Real Living Wage (or more!) through our Earn As You Learn training programmes, as well as being able to achieve additional pay supplements through extra training.
At Pets at Home, we have an ambitious plan to become "The Best Pet Care Business in the world", and a key part of delivering this in a sustainable way will be our most cherished assets: our People and our Culture. We are a business built on strong values and behaviours which guide everything we do. These are the foundations that will help us to deliver Our Better World Pledge, to create a better world for pets and the people who love them.
We are delighted to have recently won "Best Place to Work" and "Best Retailer" at the Retail Week Awards! These are prestigious awards within the Retail Industry, and we couldn't be prouder to be winners. We were also shortlisted in three 2021 Personnel Today Award categories, including "Employee Benefits Award", "Family Friendly Employer of the Year", and we were also winners of the "HR Team of the Year award"!
The Pets at Home Group includes over 450 stores, over 310 Groom Rooms and 440 First Opinion Vet Practices. It's fast-paced, innovative, fun, and we put people at the very heart of everything we do. We are committed to developing a culture of inclusivity where everyone can come to work and be themselves, which welcomes everyone irrespective of what makes us all unique. If you share our belief that together 'we're better with pets', we'd like to hear from you, whatever your background or circumstances.
Click here to read our Values & Behaviours
We reward and recognise our store colleagues in ways that matter to them.
Our benefits reflect our support of your mental, emotional, and financial wellbeing, both now and in the future. Here are some of our benefits which may be available to you:
- A discretional annual bonus scheme available to all hourly paid store colleagues
- Paid Holidays: all colleagues will receive at least 28* days paid annual leave, which will rise to 33* days after 2 years (*this includes 8 bank holidays and will be pro-rata calculated on your contracted hours.
- The company will contribute at least 3.5% of your salary to your company pension plan, and most colleagues can also take advantage of our salary sacrifice pension scheme too.
- Refer a friend. If you recommend a role to someone you know, and they are offered and accept the role, you will receive £250 per placement.
- We've given all colleagues access to recognise and celebrate your teams and colleagues' achievements through peer-to-peer e-cards on our online recognition and benefits platform. You can also nominate your colleagues or teams to win colleague or team of the month!
- Enhanced maternity, paternity, adoption and shared parental leave.
- An additional day's paid leave for your Birthday.
- An additional day's paid leave to welcome your new pet into your family, which we like to call your "Pet-ernity" day! (if you have a new dog, horse, or cat in the family)
- An additional day's paid leave to carry out Your Better World Pledge day, which enables colleagues to provide significant value and non-financial support to pets, people and our planet within their local community.
- An additional week's paid leave (pro-rata) to celebrate your wedding or civil partnership.
- A gift from us if you are expecting or adopting a baby.
- Long service awards and gifts to celebrate service anniversaries between 5 - 30 years.
- Colleagues with at least 1 years' service who are experiencing unexpected financial hardship can apply for a non-repayable grant from our Colleague Hardship Fund.
- Colleague discounts for all Pets at Home Group brands within our Pets at Home stores, The Groom Room, Vets4Pets and online.
- Discounted pet insurance as part of our ongoing partnership with Petplan®
- We want our colleagues to share in the success of our business, which is why we offer two fantastic discretionary share plans (subject to approval) to all store colleagues within our stores and groom rooms. An award of free shares each year; and access to join our Sharesave scheme for colleagues to save a chosen amount of money every month for 3 years to purchase shares at a 20% discounted share price.
- Access to our Cycle to Work scheme to buy a tax-free bicycle, equipment, or both.
- There are lots of savings and discounts to be made on your everyday purchases with over 800 retailers and services in-store and online through our benefits platform.
- We provide you with support, information, and valuable links to manage your financial wellbeing. These include money tools, a budget planner, a loan calculator, financial information on budgeting, spending, credit and borrowing, links to financial support, financial aid, and easy access to savings and loans.
- We also provide you with tools, articles, helplines, and support to help you manage your mental, physical and emotional wellbeing.
- A free and confidential Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) includes access to counselling and information on managing mental health, self-care, managing stress, domestic abuse, loneliness, low self-esteem, bereavement, relationship breakdowns, and much more.
- Life Assurance for all colleagues. We don't like to think about it. Still, it's good to know that we provide financial security for your chosen beneficiaries in the unfortunate event of your death.
Click here for more details and other benefits.
Please note that we reserve the right to close a vacancy before the closing date due to the large volume of applications that we may receive. It’s important that our team can manage application levels whilst offering a positive candidate experience. If you are interested in this vacancy, please apply now to avoid the disappointment of this happening. Thank you