Day/Night Ambassador - London
Why working for us is different
We won’t put you in a box as a ‘receptionist’ or ‘food and beverage’ person. With us, you’ll become a champion multitasker – customer service, receptionist, concierge, barista, mixologist, logistics and more. You will be a citizenM ambassador, free to be yourself to do the best job you can. We believe in making work fun. If you’re having a great experience, so will our guests.
We’re proud to put hospitality back in the hospitality industry, and that’s because of our ambassadors. We don’t hire them for their skills; we hire them for their attitude. We seek people who feel great about making others smile and we see the results in our happy guests.
Your typical citizenM shift could include:
- Making sure everyone gets a warm welcome as soon as they walk in
- Helping guests at the self check-in kiosks (we have no reception desk)
- Preparing and serving hot and cold local food
- Brewing delicious coffee or mixing a signature cocktail
- Being a secret concierge to the city, answering guests’ questions about the best places to visit, eat, shop or party
- Maintaining the living room and the canteen clean, and arranging food displays for the following shift
- Helping our guests with any requests or demands regarding our facilities (you may even get some new tech skills).
Typical shift: we are introducing dynamic scheduling, day ambassadors will start no earlier than 5am and finish no later than 2.30am
Do you have what we’re looking for?
As we said before, you don’t need to come with experience in the hospitality industry, but you do need to come with the right attitude
To be successful at citizenM, you’ll need to have:
A genuine touch: Treat all people as you would treat your best friends; A passionate attitude: Be optimistic and positive. You like to surprise and make people smile. A contemporary style: You’re inspired by design and creativity, and love to use technology to simplify your life
And you’ll need to be;
- A smart thinker
- You thrive on turning traditional thinking on its head and want to do things first time right
- Real caring
- You want to do the right thing for our guests, your colleagues, community and for the planet
- Fluent in English. Other language abilities are welcome too!
What’s in it for you?
- Living Wage employer ( £11 / hour)
- Flexible schedules
- performance rewards
- career progression
- online learning
- full immersion (training) program for new starters
- citizenM experience nights for you (and friends and family)
- pension and cycle to work scheme
- citizenM uniform and comfy shoes by On Running
- Hospitality Action membership (well being support)
- Restaurant and bar discounts via CODE for all ambassadors
citizenM is an affordable luxury hotel chain for mobile citizens of the world. With style that will knock your socks off, we offer citizens a real home from home, plus the world’s fluffiest pillows. Our typical guest is a frequent traveler who is quality and design driven, and value conscious.
We currently have hotels in the Netherlands, France, UK, Switzerland, Denmark, USA and Asia, with more to come soon.
We are proud to put hospitality back into the hospitality industry, and have received numerous awards for our groundbreaking approach.
We like to do things differently. This means our hotels are not traditional… and neither are our support offices. We're open-minded, with kind hearts and global minds. citizenM loves diversity.
Typical shift: there is no typical shift! Goodbye, rigid schedules! Your shifts will vary in length from 4 to 12 hours (with breaks according to local labour laws, of course), and will fall on different days and different hours. We keep things dynamic and flexible, so you enjoy lots of freedom for your other life plans.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from anyone.