Bar & Waiting Couple (Live In) - Hassocks, West Sussex
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Hours: 45 hours per week (2 Days Off Together - NO Split Shifts)
Free Private Accommodation On Site + Incredible Perks!
Live in team members benefit from their own self-contained static homes, with fully fitted kitchen, bathroom, double bedroom, store and lounge. Access to the gym and tennis courts and grounds, our location whilst located in the Southdown’s National Park the vibrant city of Brighton is a short 10 minute drive.
Having established a highly-renowned hospitality, lifestyle and leisure venue over the last 10 years, we are expanding and therefore seeking experienced live-in staff to join our incredible team.
Our success is driven by the genuine passion and dedication of our employees, and we recognise that each and every team member adds value and makes a difference to the team, clients and overall business
We believe that anyone can be a leader, no matter their role in the workplace. Self-development, personal responsibility and ultimately fulfilment are centred around all that we do, helping us to create a fun, challenging and rewarding work environment.
Currently The Food & Beverage Department offers a variety of different dining environments and services, notably The award-winning Glass House Restaurant, Members Bar & Lounge, Terraces, Wedding & Events and Takeaways. Wickwoods private members facilities also include newly built/refurbished indoor & outdoor hydro-pools, sauna, steam room, bio sauna, swimming pools, hotel accommodation, award-winning treatments, sports injury clinic, and beautiful gardens. There is also a newly fitted gym, 3 exercise studio's and 8 multi-surface tennis courts, along with confirmed plans to develop luxury woodland lodge accommodation.
Brief Over View Of Duties: As part of the Food & Beverage department, you’ll be an integral member of the team providing high-end, personalised and memorable dining experiences for all clients.
- Deliver all services the required standard of excellence
- Reaching and exceeding personal and departmental targets
- Prepare and maintain front of house and back of house areas to a high standard
- Ensure guests receive a positively unforgettable experience, resulting in repeat business and excellent reputation
- Create a welcoming atmosphere, anticipating members’ and guests needs
- Communicating all operational duties and feedback to Restaurant Manager
- Dealing with clients’ observations with a sympathetic, professional and proactive attitude
- Supporting the Restaurant Manager in the smooth running of each and every shift
- Motivate your team-mates to be the best they can be
- Upsell and cross-sell
- Assist with on-site overnight emergencies
Key attributes we are looking for;
- Are you loyal, positive and hard working?
- Do you have excellent attention to detail?
- Do you want to set the bar in the industry, and be the best that you can be?
- Are you passionate about your career, are a team player & trustworthy?
- Do you have the insight and courage to recognise and work on your skill gaps, and help support others with theirs?
- Do you have excellent customer service and communication skills?
- Do you have good working relationships, rise to a challenge and adapt well to change?
Qualifications / Skills / Experience:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a Front of House position
- High standard of personal appearance & hygiene
- Professional attitude at all times
- Whilst Wickwoods is an easy drive of 15/20 minutes from Burgess Hill, Haywards Heath, Horsham and Worthing. Due to our location, your own transport is essential
Excellent Package on Offer:
- Private live-in accommodation @ no charge (contribution to bills)
- Competitive Salary
- 28 days holiday (Pro rata)
- Share of tips (Approx £2,300 per annum)
- Birthday and Employment Anniversary gift
- Paid break
- Free parking
- Free meal on duty
- All expenses paid Christmas party and summer social
- Genuine investment in your personal development
- Extended Leave Programme (2+ years of service)
- Discount on membership, treatments, club event tickets, food & drink
- Staff quarterly bonus
- Access to gym and exercise classes (subject to availability)
The accolades and awards we have secured to date are:
- 1 AA rosette - Glass House Restaurant 2017 – 21
- Spa of the Year 2017 - 2019 (Sussex Life)
- Bridebook Gold Certificate of Excellence 2019
- AA rated – working towards Red Star rating.
If you would like to join our journey to the top, we would love to hear from you.