Receptionist - Rhinefield House Hotel, Brockenhurst, New Forest
We are recruiting for a Hotel Receptionist to join the team at Rhinefield House Hotel.
Our reception teams are the first people that our Hand Picked Hotel guests meet when they come to visit, which means they get to make one of the biggest impressions. It doesn’t matter if they’re first time visitors or returning guests, you will charm them from the initial welcome to the “have a safe journey home” with your impeccable standards of service. Guest facing/customer service experience is essential.
As a Hotel Receptionist you will also check our guests in and out using Opera our Hotel booking system, so you will need to be confident using computers and learning new procedures as well as taking payments.
This is a full time role working 40 hours per week over 5 days to include a mixture of early shifts from 7 - 3.30pm and late shifts from 2.30pm - 11pm or 3pm to 11.30pm. This will include weekends on a rota basis.
What’s in it for you:
- A share of service charge on top of your wages which for full time team members was between £100 - £180 per month in 2021
- Delicious meals on duty provided
- 28 days holiday rising to 33 days with service – we think it’s fair to value loyalty.
- Optional live in accommodation charged at just £60.90 per week all-inclusive of meals and bills
- £30 staff stays with Hand Picked Hotels per room Bed & Breakfast PLUS discounted food, drink and spa treatments. Yes, it’s as good as it sounds!
- Annual loyalty awards (like afternoon teas and overnight stays)
- Working in stunning surroundings and in a property packed with character
- Free parking on site
- Online retail discount platform offering thousands of savings with high street retailers and restaurants as well as a health and well-being platform
- Pension & Life Assurance Scheme
- Training & Development to include people management courses such as "Giving clear direction" & "Coaching for performance" and the option to complete a Level 3 Supervisory or Level 5 Management apprenticeship
- Most of all, you’ll have a professional, organised and friendly approach
- You’ll have recent experience working within a hotel as a Receptionist and knowledge of Opera is desirable
- You’ll be passionate about making our guests feel at home, and will develop a thorough knowledge of our of hotel products and services
- You’ll be excellent at building a rapport with colleagues and guests
- You’ll take pride in your appearance and always lead by example as the face of Hand Picked Hotels
Rhinefield House Hotel is a 50 bedroom, 4 Red star hotel with a 2 Rosette and Brasserie style restaurant.
Hand Picked Hotels is a private collection of 21 country house hotels throughout the United Kingdom and Channel Islands. Each of our properties has its own charming character, and all of them are set in stunning surroundings; from the sandy shores of Jersey to the rolling hills of Yorkshire.
With welcoming and charming service delivered in truly inspirational settings, our guests are encouraged to relax, kick off their shoes and indulge. You make it Hand Picked!
Hand Picked Hotels is an Equal Opportunities employer. Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.