Cook - Condover Hall, Shropshire
We are looking for a Cook to join our vibrant team at our flagship Activity Centre, Condover Hall which is based in Shrewsbury, Shropshire. This is a Full Time, Permanent position. Option to live on-site if not local (meals and accommodation included for free.)
What will I be doing?
You will be based in the restaurant and kitchen department of Condover Hall activity centre working alongside a team of cooks and the Catering Manager. Your role will be to provide child and adult-friendly, wholesome meals for our guests and staff. You will be responsible for the preparation and cooking of meals in accordance with company guidelines. You will ensure that high standards are met in all aspects of preparation, presentation, and quality of food.
The restaurant provides a buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner service for both guests and staff. At peak times, Condover Hall can house up to 600 guests so the kitchen is a fast-moving environment to provide tasty, filling and crowd-pleasing menus! As a Cook, you will also be catering for the varying dietary requirements of our guests and staff.
Day to day, your key duties will include: stock control (stock take, receive and check supplies), prepping and cooking meals for the next service, working as part of a team, following due diligence procedures such as HACCP and working to the highest levels of hygiene and cleanliness in the kitchen, stores, and back of house areas.
What are we looking for?
- Previous Cook experience (or Commis/ Chef de Partie level)
- Experience in larger catering environments is a bonus e.g. school, events
- Catering related qualifications or certificates are a bonus
- Good knowledge of health and safety and hygiene standards
- Proven team experience in a professional kitchen setting
- The desire to innovate and produce food of outstanding quality
- A customer driven team member who can work with children and young people
The extra bits…
- To start as soon as possible
- Permanent, full-time position (40 hours per week)
- Negotiable salary based on experience
- The role is to be based at JCA’s flagship activity centre, Condover Hall, Shrewsbury
- Option to live off site if local
- Option to live on-site with meals and accommodation provided for free
- The role will involve working occasional weekends
- The earliest shift is approximately 6/ 7am and the latest is 7/ 8pm.
- You will have the Christmas period off! Condover is closed to guests over the 2 weeks festive period
- Full training will be provided including: Health and safety and safeguarding
- Role progression opportunities – Senior Cook, Catering Manager
- Further seasonal opportunities in the UK and abroad with our sister brands, Travelbound and JCA