Bar Manager - Zakynthos, Greece
The Peligoni Club is a bohemian members only club in Zakynthos, Greece. Our bar team are cocktail masters, passionate about service and fantastic hosts, and we are looking for an experienced Bar Manager to take the lead.
With something different happening every evening and with plenty of variety in styles of service, our bar team have a lot to focus on. We are looking for an experienced and talented individual to take the lead, deliver high standards and keep our bar team motivated, whilst upholding an element of fun and the vibrant and welcoming atmosphere that our guests know and love.
Our Bar Manager will provide their team with necessary training at the beginning of the season, and throughout, and will ensure that guests are always made to feel welcome and receive the best service possible. They will work closely with the rest of the management team to ensure our events are a roaring success week after week and will be encouraged to take part in developing ideas for new ways in which to enhance the guest experience and increase bar sales.
The Bar Manager will also be responsible for managing stock, ensuring the necessary orders are placed in good time, carrying out regular stock checks and that any discrepancies are flagged and investigated appropriately. With the bar being the last area of the club to close, the bar manager (and supervisor) will also be expected to assume key-holder responsibilities and ensure the club is locked and secured at the end of the night.
This is a challenging role that requires a passion for great service, commitment to the club’s ethos and the ability to manage a team with varied experience in what can often be a high-pressure environment. It is also an extremely rewarding role for those who thrive when given responsibility and gain satisfaction from developing a team and exceeding targets.
Our staff are the heart of The Peligoni Club and are what makes Peligoni unique; we need people who are hard-working but who also have great interpersonal skills allowing them to build relationships with guests and really make their holiday.
In your spare time, as well as being able to explore the island and experience the local food and culture, you will have access to the club’s watersports facilities, allowing you to hone your existing skills or learn new ones in sailing and windsurfing.
- Oversee the day to day running of the Driftwood and Courtyard bars
- Ensure bars are well maintained, fully stocked for service and events and high levels of hygiene and cleanliness at all times
- Ensure a consistently high level of service is delivered at all times
- Ensure staff are fully briefed prior to a service and event
- Continuously train, develop, manage and motivate staff throughout the season to consistently perform at their highest level
- Key holder for the club
- When working a ‘close’, ensure the club is safely and securely closed
- Encourage and maintain good communication with the Restaurant Team, Beach Service Team and Cafe Team
- Attend daily management meetings and ensure information is passed down and actioned by your team
- Work with the Events Manager and rest of the F&B team to deliver club events
- Work closely with the Accounts Department to ensure stock controls are actioned and in place
- Control and minimise wastage
- Ensure adequate stock levels across all bars and manage orders and stock rotation
- Carry out regular stock checks, investigating and resolving any discrepancies in a timely manner
- Motivate your team to upsell and meet weekly targets
- Respond to guest queries and complaints in an efficient manner
- Meet and greet guests and ensure they are all well looked after
- Ensure table service is provided at the appropriate times
- Preparation of drinks, including cocktails, coffees, smoothies and fresh juices
- Ensure drinks are dispensed correctly, efficiently and meet the company standard
- Confidently give guidance and recommendations on the drinks menu and answer any questions guests may have
- Provide support to the restaurant team during meal service
- Build and maintain friendly relationships with guests
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with other departments to provide the best guest experience, a positive working environment and a sense of team spirit
- Be able to talk to guests effectively about the club and what is on offer
- From time to time you will be required to take on additional tasks and duties relating to the smooth running of the club
ABILITIES & EXPECTATIONS
- Strong leadership and motivational skills
- Excellent guest relations and interpersonal skills
- Highly organised, proactive and flexible
- Ability to confidently converse with guests about wine recommendations
- Be able to communicate effectively
- Be able to work efficiently and calmly under pressure
- Be able to make a range of drinks and cocktails to high standard
- Actively commit to the clubs ethos
- Have excellent timekeeping and reliability
- Problem-solving ability to resolve issues as they arise
- Have a strong sense of team spirit
- A minimum of 4 years experience of working in a busy bar environment
- A minimum of 1 year experience working in a supervisory position
- Extensive knowledge of wines, spirits, cocktails and coffees
- A barista qualification or evidence of barista training
- Proven experience of working in a cocktail bar or similar environment
- Previous experience with EPOS till systems
- Previous cash handling and till reconciliation experience
- WSET Wine & Spirits Level 2 or 3 is desirable
- An up to date Basic Food Hygiene Certificate is desirable
- Available for the full season (May-September/October)
- EU Passport Holder
Please note: For this role, candidates must be available for the full season (May-October).