Deli Supervisor - Zakynthos, Greece
The Deli & Kitchen offers a laid back alternative to our busy club restaurants where our guests can enjoy simple food, done well, whilst enjoying views of the Ionian Sea. As well as serving breakfast, lunch and dinner, The Deli also stocks an array of homemade produce and dishes that are ready for guests to take back to their villa and put straight on the barbeque.
Open daily, The Deli & Kitchen team prepare a variety of dishes from Ottolenghi-style salads to homemade quiches, open sandwiches to charcuterie boards and delicious pasta and pizzas, all alongside daily specials that take advantage of fresh, local produce.
A 2-minute drive from the club, The Deli & Kitchen not only welcomes our guests but is also open to walk-ins and visitors to the local port.
We are looking for someone to support and assist the Deli Manager with the day to day running of the Deli’s front of house. This will involve ensuring that the Deli team operate efficiently and deliver a high level of service, whilst maintaining Peligoni’s vibrant holiday atmosphere. Working very closely with the Deli Manager and Deli Head Chef, they will ensure that menus are prepared and communicated in good time, the team are fully briefed on any of the day’s special events and that all aspects of food and drink service are covered.
It’s not all work and no play - in your spare time, as well as being able to explore the island and experience the local food and culture, you will have access to the club’s watersports facilities, allowing you to hone your existing skills or learn new ones in sailing and windsurfing.
- Assist the Deli Manager with the day-to-day running of the Deli
- Ensure the Deli, both front and back of house, is always well maintained
- Ensure a high level of service is delivered at all times
- Coordinate table reservations, maximising capacity in the restaurant
- Continuously train, develop, manage and motivate staff throughout the season to consistently perform at their highest level
- With the Deli Head Chef, ensure menus and daily specials are prepared and communicated in good time
- Ensure the Deli Restaurant is ready for service
- Greet guests in a friendly, yet professional manner
- Introduce guests to the Deli and communicate effectively with regards to how it works
- Understand different dietary requirements and food allergies
- Confidently give guidance & menu recommendations
- Encourage and maintain good communication amongst the Deli team and with the club team
- Respond to guest queries and complaints in an efficient manner
- Maintain a high standard of service with the aim of exceeding our guest’s expectations
- Ensure all bills are settled correctly
- Cash handling, float management and till reconciliation
- Key holder responsibilities including opening up and closing down, ensuring the deli is secure at all times
- Assist, as required, with any special events
- Strictly maintain all food, health and hygiene standards on a daily basis
- Assist with food preparation and packaging for the Deli where required
- Build and maintain friendly relationships with guests
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with other departments to provide the best guest experience, a positive working environment and a sense of team spirit
- Be able to talk to guests effectively about the club and what is on offer
- From time to time you will be required to take on additional tasks and duties relating to the smooth running of the club
ABILITIES & EXPECTATIONS
- Strong leadership and motivational skills
- Highly organised, proactive and flexible
- Excellent guest relations and interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to work efficiently and calmly under pressure
- Excellent timekeeping and reliability
- Problem-solving ability to resolve issues as they arise
- A minimum of 2 years experience of working in a restaurant or cafe/deli environment
- A minimum of 6 months experience in a supervisory position
- A barista qualification or evidence of barista training
- Previous cash handling and till reconciliation experience
- Strong food & beverage knowledge
- Previous experience with EPOS till systems
- WSET Wine & Spirits Level 2 or 3 is desirable
- An up to date Basic Food Hygiene Certificate is desirable
- An up to date First Aid Certificate is desirable
- Available for the full season (May-September/October)
- A Full driving license is desirable
- EU Passport Holder, or Eligible for a Greece Working Visa through the Youth Mobility Scheme
ARE YOU OUR NEXT DELI SUPERVISOR?
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU HOLD AN EU PASSPORT
Please note: For this role, candidates must be available for the full season (May-September).