Waterski Team Supervisor - Zakynthos, Greece
Our coastal location is ideal for watersports with fantastic calm, flat water in the mornings. The water ski and wakeboard team operates from 7am every morning to take advantage of the very best conditions Zakynthos has to offer, for as long as the weather permits, resuming in the evening if the wind dies off.
We are looking for a highly-motivated and experienced Ski Supervisor to join our team and ensure the smooth delivery of fun and engaging lessons to our guests of all ages and abilities.
As Ski Team Supervisor, you will be overall responsible for the day-to-day operation of the ski department. This includes managing bookings, providing high quality tuition, giving guests advice and adapting to weather conditions. This is a diverse and challenging role covering many different areas including staff management, evaluating lessons, health and safety, maintaining equipment and providing instruction.
Our staff are the heart of The Peligoni Club and are what makes Peligoni unique, we need people who are hard-working but who also have great interpersonal skills allowing them to build relationships with guests and really make their holiday.
It’s not all work and no play – in your spare time, as well as being able to explore the island and experience the local food and culture, you will have access to the rest of the club’s watersports facilities, allowing you to hone your existing skills or learn new ones in sailing and windsurfing.
- Work closely with the Beach Manager to manage and motivate the ski team
- Ensure a high standard of service is maintained at all times and that guests are made to feel welcome and encouraged to get out on the water
- Ensure a high level of instruction is provided for all guests and staff
- Work closely with the reception team to manage bookings and maximise revenue
- Manage an online schedule
- Reschedule bookings in the event of bad weather, ensuring guests are communicated with effectively
- Daily maintenance and upkeep of the ski boats
- Work closely with the Beach Manager to ensure that health and safety policies are implemented and a high standard of safety is maintained at all times.
- Provide support to the childcare team when they are carrying out water-based activities.
- Implement and participate in a ‘bad weather’ programme
- When required, participate in evening events in the club
- Ensuring billing is completed accurately
- Provide support to the Beach Manager and beach team and assist with other duties on the beach including kayak and SUP activities, covering safety and helping with the club’s weekly regatta
- Build and maintain friendly relationships with guests
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with other departments to provide the best guest experience, a positive working environment and a sense of team spirit
- Be able to talk to guests effectively about the club and what is on offer
- From time to time you will be required to take on additional tasks and duties relating to the smooth running of the club
ABILITIES & EXPECTATIONS
- Situationally aware and forward thinking boat handling
- Passionate about watersports and coaching
- Safety conscious
- Fun and outgoing
- Outstanding work ethic
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent guest relations and interpersonal skills
- Have a strong understanding of, and the ability to adjust to weather/sea conditions
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Flexible and willing to help others
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Excellent timekeeping and reliability
- UKCC Level 2 Water Ski & Wakeboard Coaching qualification (or equivalent)
- Ski Boat Driver Level 2 (Ski Boat Driver Level 3 is desirable)
- RYA Powerboat Level 2 and RYA Safety Boat
- Valid First Aid Certificate
- Proven experience of coaching in a watersports centre
- Proven experience of coaching children
- International Certificate of Competence (ICC)
- Practical experience of kayaking and stand up paddleboarding is desirable
- A full Driving License (desirable)
- Safe and experienced driver
- Experience driving in Europe
- Available for the full season (May-September/October)
- EU Passport Holder, or Eligible for a Greece Working Visa through the Youth Mobility Scheme
ARE YOU OUR NEXT SKI TEAM SUPERVISOR?
If you think you are the perfect person to be part of our watersports team then we want to hear from you. Just click on the link below to apply.
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU HOLD AN EU PASSPORT