Deli Manager - Zakynthos, Greece
The Deli & Kitchen offers a laid back alternative to our busy club restaurants where our guests can enjoy simple food, done well, whilst enjoying views of the Ionian Sea. As well as serving breakfast, lunch and dinner, The Deli & Kitchen also stocks an array of homemade produce and dishes that are ready for guests to take back to their villa and put straight on the barbeque.
Open daily, our Deli team prepare a variety of dishes from Ottolenghi-style salads to homemade quiches, open sandwiches to charcuterie boards and delicious pizza and pasta, all alongside daily specials that take advantage of fresh, local produce. The Deli Manager will coordinate all aspects of The Deli operation.
A 2-minute drive from the club, The Deli & Kitchen not only welcomes our guests but is also open to walk-ins and visitors to the local port.
We are looking for someone to take the lead and manage all aspects of The Deli & Kitchen operation. This includes the overall running of the restaurant side of The Deli and ensuring it is always well stocked with fresh produce and looking its best.
Working very closely with the Deli Head Chef, The Deli Manager will also ensure that all of our guests’ in-villa catering requirements are met and delivered to the high standards our guests expect.
The Deli & Kitchen is still a relatively new addition to The Peligoni Club, with a great deal of potential and we are looking for someone who is highly-motivated with the passion and commitment to make it a real success.
This is a challenging role for someone who is self-motivated, has a passion for great service, is highly organised and able to manage their time and their team effectively. It is also an extremely rewarding role for those who thrive when given responsibility and gain satisfaction from a job well done.
It’s not all work and no play – in your spare time, as well as being able to explore the island and experience the local food and culture, you will have access to the club’s watersports facilities, allowing you to hone your existing skills or learn new ones in sailing and windsurfing.
- Manage the daily operations of the Deli
- Ensure the Deli, both front and back of house, is always well maintained
- Ensure a high level of service is delivered at all times
- Coordinate table reservations, maximising capacity in the restaurant
- Continuously train, develop, manage and motivate staff throughout the season to consistently perform at their highest level
- With the Deli Head Chef, ensure menus and daily specials are prepared and communicated in good time
- Ensure the Deli is always well stocked and liaise with the Deli Head Chef to minimise waste
- Maintain a clear procedure and formula for pricing produce
- Ensure that all produce sold in the Deli is presented attractively and packaged and labelled correctly, with clear information on allergens
- Work with the club’s reception team to coordinate all in-villa and Odyssey trip dining requirements
- Ensure that all hamper orders are prepared to a consistently high standard and delivered in good time
- Provide the necessary training to the Deli & Villa Hosts required for providing a high standard of service when hosting in guest villas
- Manage the guest shopping service – ensuring that all orders are fulfilled and presented in the correct manner
- Confidently give guidance & menu recommendations answering any questions guests have
- Report to the general management team on a regular basis to review guest feedback, staff welfare and development and the Deli’s financial position
- Motivate your team to upsell and meet weekly targets
- Encourage and maintain good communication amongst the deli team and with the club team
- Respond to guest queries and complaints in an efficient manner
- Ensure that all guests’ dietary requirements are understood and catered for
- Ensure all bills are settled correctly
- Cash handling, float management and till reconciliation
- Ensure all in-villa hampers, hostings and shopping lists are billed to guest’s accounts correctly
- Assist, as required, with any special events
- Strictly maintain all food, health and hygiene standards on a daily basis
- Liaise with the Deli Head Chef to maintain good profit margins on food
- Maintain a high standard of service with the aim of exceeding our guest’s expectations
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with other departments to provide the best guest experience, a positive working environment and a sense of team spirit
- Be able to talk to guests effectively about the club and what is on offer
- From time to time you will be required to take on additional tasks and duties relating to the smooth running of the club
ABILITIES & EXPECTATIONS
- A high level of attention to detail
- Strong leadership and motivational skills
- Excellent guest relations and interpersonal skills
- Highly organised, proactive and flexible
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to work efficiently and calmly under pressure
- Excellent timekeeping and reliability
- Strong organisational skills
- Problem-solving ability to resolve issues as they arise
- A minimum of 5 years experience of working in a restaurant or deli environment
- A minimum of 2 years experience in a supervisory position
- A barista qualification or evidence of barista training
- Previous cash handling and till reconciliation experience
- Extensive food & beverage knowledge
- Previous experience with EPOS till systems
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office
- WSET Wine & Spirits Level 2 or 3 is desirable
- An up to date Basic Food Hygiene Certificate
- First Aid Certificate desirable
- Available for the full season (May-September/October)
- A Full UK driving license
- EU Passport Holder, or Eligible for a Greece Working Visa through the Youth Mobility Scheme
ARE YOU OUR NEXT DELI MANAGER?
If you think you are the perfect person to lead our Deli team then we want to hear from you. Just click on the link below to apply.