Operations Manager - Birmingham, West Midlands
Location: Hatchford Brook
Job Type: 40 hours Permanent
Salary: £25,000 - £28,000 per annum
About Mytime Active
At Mytime Active we want more people to Get More Out of Life, by getting more active and eating better. We want to do this not just for an individual, or for a family, but also for an entire community, ensuring our services are accessible to as wide a population as possible, so that it becomes the “norm” to live this way. We do all of this in a way that is financially sustainable, investing any surpluses we make back into the business.
If you want a job that is rewarding and helps to change people’s lives for the better, then you’ve come to the right place. You will be fairly rewarded for your efforts in an organisation that understands the value of its people.
About the role
Ensuring the safe and efficient operation of the centre whilst achieving commercial and social objectives. The Operations Manager is key to the delivery of the customer service experience and staff satisfaction!
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Ensure a welcoming, professional and credible customer service orientated presence is delivered at all times.
- Professional and positive management of customer service delivery with regard to customer feedback, complaints and suggestions in order to ensure that NPS are met and maintained.
- Responsible for budgets and driving the team to meet targets in terms of KPI’s, balance score cards and overall profitability.
- To lead the centre’s operational procedures and ensure compliance is met and maintained within all areas such as Health and Safety, hygiene, training and development, licencing and policies as well as incidents and accidents.
- Co-ordinate the efficient and effective deployment of the team, to meet the financial and operational demands of the centre.
- Assist in the development and management of a well-balanced activity and event programme, therefore increasing financial profitability whilst delivering on the social and community agendas.
- Prepare and implement reports and procedures on the centre’s operations, events and incidents where necessary as per company policy such as NOP, EAP, COSHH, Risk Assessment etc.
- Deliver and attend all staff inductions and training sessions, including development and performance management of staff where required as well as 1-2-1 reviews. This would include attending regular weekly and monthly meetings.
- Carry out team briefings, circulating centre initiatives, procedures and communications whilst ensuring training and qualification compliance is met.
What we are looking for:
- Supervisory experience of working within a customer service environment
- Experience in financial management and budget preparation, and a proven track record of meeting financial targets
- The ability to lead, motivate and develop team members in order to meet organisational objective
Knowledge & Skills
- Understanding of relevant health and safety legislation including knowledge of facility management, best practice and statutory compliance
- Understanding of Leisure services and practical applications within Leisure and/or Golf
- Excellent verbal communication skills, including the ability to influence and persuade
- Good standard of IT knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- The proven ability to effectively lead, manage, motivate, develop staff and build effective teams. The ability to persuade and influence staff at all levels.
- Results-driven and motivated
- A solutions-focused team player with a “can-do” attitude
- Engaging and customer service driven
- Flexibility in terms of shift hours and work patterns, also the ability to work across various leisure facilities as necessary
Our benefits package includes:
- Stakeholder pension;
- 22 days holiday (excluding bank holidays) and an additional day leave after 3 years’ service and 2 days additional leave after 5 years’ service (up to a max of 25 days);
- Free access to Mytime Active Golf & Leisure for you and one other;
- Exceptional Achievement award scheme
- 20% off food and beverage purchases
- £100 candidate referral scheme (new employee introduction scheme);
- Voucher recognition scheme;
- Various Salary sacrifice schemes on offer*
*All salary sacrifice schemes are subject to successfully passing probation period.
In return, you get to work for a great company with a competitive salary and an attractive and comprehensive training/development package that is aimed at facilitating personal and career growth that would include:
- A series of Core Management Development Modules
- Essential ongoing compliance training
- Professional qualifications
- Work shadowing opportunities
- All offers of employment are conditional upon you signing a contract of employment and;
- Satisfactory health clearance;
- Two satisfactory references;
- Proof of attainment of qualifications;
- Evidence of your right to work in the United Kingdom; and
- Satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
*Please note we will give preferential consideration to internal employees that are to be re-deployed providing they meet the criteria.
Mytime Active applies its Equal Opportunities Policy at all stages of recruitment and selection. Shortlisting, interviewing and selection is carried out without regard to gender, sexual orientation, marital status, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origins, religion or belief, age or trade union membership. Those with disabilities meeting the minimum requirements for the post will be shortlisted and reasonable adjustments will be made to ensure they are not disadvantaged during the interview process.