Events Manager - Colchester, Essex
Do you love working in a fast-paced environment?
Do you enjoy working at an operational level ensuring the highest standards and organisation of an event?
This could be the role for you! Stoke by Nayland Resort is recruiting an enthusiastic Events Manager to lead the Events team. Hosting a variety of events from conferencing and private dining to our Winter Wonderland Christmas Spectacular! As one of the top wedding venues in the area, Stoke by Nayland Resort caters for up to 500 people.
You will report to the Head of Food & Beverage, delivering flawless service to our guests with the help of an enthusiastic team. You will need a good understanding of a busy events operation, and be able to maintain service standards whilst working at a fast pace.
This is a hands-on role, where problem-solving is an essential attribute. This role would suit a motivated individual who has a positive outlook, with a natural interest in food and beverage. This is a perfect opportunity for the right candidate to be part of a prestigious hotel, golf, and spa resort.
Why work for us?
- Opportunities for career progression
- Excellent rates of pay
- Discounted golf and leisure membership
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Delivering exceptional food and beverage service
- Hosting events
- Developing and maintaining standards
- Driving sales through product knowledge and recommendation
- Identifying the needs of their guests
- Maximising all sales opportunities
- Enhancing the guest’s experience through exceeding expectations every time
- Working in a professional manner to a set SOP
- Cash handling, order processing, and room billing
- Understanding and maintaining excellent health & safety within your work area
Stoke by Nayland Resort is part of the family-owned Boxford Group, which has been established for over 80 years. Due to our location, nestled in the Dedham Vale Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB), having your own transport is essential.
As part of the Events team, hours will include weekend and bank holiday shifts and the flexibility to work early and late shifts.
If you are interested in joining our fantastic Events team and are driven to provide an unforgettable experience for our guests, then please apply!
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent.