Spa Attendant - Coworth Park
Your future, our legacy
Division & Department
Rooms - Spa
- To provide an efficient and courteous attendant service to all Spa guests
- To provide support as required to Spa Receptionists and Therapists
- To ensure the Spa is clean and tidy at all times with first class presentation
What you'll get
Complimentary nights with breakfast within Dorchester Collection
50% F&B discount at selected restaurants
Very generous Employee Introductory Scheme offered
Team members' awards and incentives schemes
Contributory pension scheme entitlement from date of commencement
Life assurance cover for all team members
Uniform laundered complimentarily
Complimentary meals whilst on duty at our team members' restaurants
Please note: a points-based immigration system affecting the eligibility to apply to work in the UK has been introduced from 1 January 2021, and this role does not provide visa sponsorship. Based on this new system:
- Applicants with Irish citizenship, an indefinite leave to enter the UK or an indefinite leave to remain in the UK are eligible to apply to work in the UK.
- EU, EEA or Swiss citizens who already lived in the UK by 31 December 2020 need to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme by 30 June 2021 and obtain a settled or pre-settled status to continue living and working in the UK after this date.
- All other nationalities that require a visa to be eligible to work in the UK will continue. Please refer to the official government website for further information.
What you'll do
- To carry out a wide range of domestic services to meet the needs of guests, colleagues and the operation including opening and closing of the Spa, laundry collection, collation and distribution, replenishment of lockers, distribution of deliveries, amenities, guest supplies, etc.
- Walk the Spa; constantly check all areas, cleaning, tidying and improving presentation wherever necessary.
- Order and collect guest amenities, spa supplies, etc.
- Deliver and collect portable treatment couch and escort therapist to guest rooms for in-room treatments.
- Carry out show rounds of the Spa.
- Cleaning and chemical testing of the swimming pool, keep accurate records, liaise with Duty Engineer regarding results
- If required, assist guests with use of fitness studio equipment
- Cover the Spa reception desk (greet guests, answer phones, take messages, etc.) in the occasional absence of the Receptionist.
- If required, assist Therapists with treatment room turnaround between treatments.
- If required assist The Spatisserie (restaurant) service staff.
- Be fully aware of the departmental standards and carry out all duties to the specified standard.
- Respond immediately to all guest requests.
- Participate in team and cross departmental meetings and training sessions to acquire fresh knowledge and skills to improve personal performance to ensure a continuously improving guest experience.
- Along with your main duties you may be asked to complete other tasks and duties as and when necessary and reasonably required
- You may on occasion be required to adjust your hours of work to cover the business needs
What you'll bring
Previous experience in a service of domestic role
Experience within a five star environment
Knowledge of swimming pool cleaning and maintenance
Knowledge of gym equipment
Good verbal English
Ability to interact with guests
Good understanding of customer service