Food and Beverage Team Leader - Roman Villa
£25,000 per annum
Weekend and Bank Holiday working necessary
The Newt in Somerset
The Newt in Somerset has ancient woodland, historic gardens and far reaching views. It is a unique destination with Hotel, Spa, Restaurants and much more. Visitors can take a tour of the gardens, deer park and cyder press, dine in the Garden Café and visit our farm shop. Expecting to attract some 200,000 visitors per year, The Newt in Somerset is a vibrant and thriving attraction, animated throughout the seasons by special events, workshops and education programmes.
Food and Beverage at the Roman Villa
Food & Beverage is at the heart of the Estate and encompasses a multitude of venues including the Garden Café, Cyder Bar, Gelato Room, Story of Gardening and now the Roman Villa. As a F&B department, we pride ourselves on our fresh, quality, produce along with the highest standard of service. We strive for excellence and a keen eye for detail as well as unity, flexibility, and a genuine passion for good food & beverage.
You will be the face of the F&B team for the roman villa, serving guests roman inspired food and delivering an experience like no other in the UK. We are looking for a person with a passion for service, who can engage with guests, cater for their needs, and anticipate their unstated ones to ensure their day is memorable for all the right reasons.
You will work closely with the Visitor attraction team to ensure the food & beverage and visitor attraction offerings are a cohesive experience. You will lead a small team and be an ambassador for The Newt standards and strive for 100% guest satisfaction.
- Having a thorough knowledge and understanding of the exhibit and making the visitor experience memorable for all.
- Ensure the food & drink offer at the roman villa runs in the most productive and efficient way through management of costs, staffing controls, understanding sales and forecasting.
- Build knowledge on liaising departments to enhance your own ability to become more flexible, enabling you to offer support to other teams when required.
- Ensure the guest has the best possible experience, monitoring and managing guest expectations and make improvements where necessary.
- Responsible for staff training, development, and retention. Team productivity, performance and presentation are key.
- Create systems to manage your team and overall presentation of your department to ensure high standards are upheld.
- The roman villa food offer is to be authentic, work with your F&B manager to ensure changes are authentic
- Maintain company representation, ensuring you and your team always look impeccable.
- Ensure The Newt’s style of service and ethos is always upheld.
- Work with your F&B manager to ensure the offer is authentic to the roman period
- Ensure all BOH areas are maintained, following all HACCPs and food safety standards
Skills and Experience
- Previous leadership experience required
- Confident yet approachable with outstanding leadership skills
- Great time management, self-motivating and driven
- Excellent attention to detail
- Willingness to develop, grow and keep up with the demands of our developing business
- Passion for food, beverage, and hospitality
Benefits: Excellent Benefits package available from day one including:
- Exceptional working environment, fresh estate grown meal provided each day
- 15% online shop discount and free delivery
- 30% discount in the shops across the estate
- 30% discount at restaurants across the estate
- 30% discount on Newt cyder and Babylonstoren wine
- 50% discount in the Spa
- Discounted hotel stays for staff
- Garden Membership
- Family Events 3 times per year
- Access to internal/external training qualifications and programmes
- Cross Training and career development opportunities