Commis Chef - Bruton, Somerset
Relocation Assistance Available!
We have several roles available in the different kitchens across our Estate, all a little different but all driven by our productive gardens and farms. We offer great work/life balance, supplier visits, chef shoes and an opportunity to work with butchers, bakers, fishmongers, gardeners and foragers.
Our Commis Chefs
If you're a new chef looking to grow and develop under the guidance of our more senior chefs, The Newt in Somerset is the place for you.
What You’ll Get
- Cross-training opportunities across the Estate
- Regular supplier team trips
- Work/Life balance
- Access to chef-specific training sessions
- Chef shoes after 3 month service
- Own knives
- Uniform supplied
- Free, fresh meals on duty. Created each day by our staff food chefs
- Garden Membership
- 15% online shop discount and free delivery
- 30% discount in the shops across the estate
- 30% discount at restaurants across the estate
- 30% discount on Newt cyder and Babylonstoren wine
- 50% discount in the Spa
- Discounted hotel stays for staff
- Family Events 3 times per year
Who We Are
The Newt in Somerset is a unique garden with a luxury hotel, delicious food and an abundance of homegrown produce. With three restaurants, our own productive gardens and farm, butchery, fishmonger, creamery and bakery there are opportunities to work with the finest produce the UK has to offer.