Business Analyst - Leeds
Are you a Business Analyst looking for your next opportunity in a large, fast paced environment?
Asda Technology are looking for a number of Business Analysts with a solid background of working on large complex transformation retail projects. This is truly a 'once in a career' opportunity so if you like to be kept busy then you'll definitely enjoy this role!
Future' is the name for the programme that will see Asda create their new operating model, independent from Walmart. Technology will undoubtedly be one of the most ambitious parts of this work - the technology decisions made will underpin the way the entire business will operate in the future.
You'll report into the Business Analysis Manager where you'll work on a broad portfolio of projects and you'll work closely with the business to understand their problems to enable you to help them understand their true requirements. You must have excellent communication / stakeholder management skills. You won't need to be overly technical, but a good understanding of current technology will be required with the ability to work closely with IT Project Managers and Solutions Architects.
As a Business Analyst, you'll be working with the business to elicit, analyse, prioritise and document, scope & requirements; achieving full sign off from business customers and senior Asda Technology stakeholders. You'll also be working with Solution Architects to ensure that the agreed requirements are reflected in the technical design, as well as liaising with internal technical teams & external vendors to ensure that the solution adequately meets the requirements. You'll be responsible for planning Business Analysis activities and communicating the plan to the wider project team and the business as appropriate. You will also be responsible for building and maintaining strong working relationships with business stakeholders and the IT Project / Agile team.
- You'll have experience in a Business Analysis role with a passion for analysis and for providing first class service to your customers.
- You'll be able to use a variety of modelling & analysis tools, methods and standards, e.g. Use cases, User stories, Business Process Modelling.
- Ideally you'll have previous experience of the full project lifecycle in Agile and Waterfall methodologies.
- You will have experience of collating and documenting both functional and non-functional requirements
- You will have great communication skills, be able to build rapport quickly with diverse stakeholder groups, and be at home leading workshops and challenging requirements
- You will have previous Retail or transformation experience
On this programme, we are organised in delivery towers, supported by horizontal teams such as Data, Engineering and Infrastructure. The towers are: Retail, E-commerce, Commercial, Supply Chain, Back Office, Customer so please let us know about your relevant experience, and tower preference with your application. Should you be successful, we can't guarantee to place you in your preferred tower but will definitely take it in to account.
You will also get an excellent benefits package including:
- Company pension up to 7% matched
- 10% colleague discount, free parking and many additional rewards.
Hybrid Working - Work Where it Works. Our hybrid way of working gives you the choice to work where it works. This enables you to complete your daily tasks where you'll be the most effective. It offers a mix of working from home and in an office environment that works best for you and your team. We would love to talk to you about this.
We want all colleagues to be able to bring their best and true selves to work, every day. Simply put, we want our colleagues to be Proud to be Asda and proud to be themselves.
If you have any questions, then please email email@example.com