Fitness Professional - Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
We have a fantastic opportunity for an Fitness Professional to work in our dynamic team at The Belfry, England’s leading Hotel and Resort. We have 319 bedrooms, Rosette standard dining, five food and beverage outlets, fantastic leisure facilities including our 20 treatment rooms & pool and of course, what we are famous for…golf. We have a really exciting year ahead at The Belfry, starting with hosting The British Masters in May 2022, and continuing with the launch of new training and development opportunities and incentives.
About the Role:
To ensure delivery of the fitness product on the gym floor is to the highest standard, in terms of service, delivery and appearance and to ensure the club is presented according to the defined standards and that all members, day spa guests and hotel residents can enjoy their experience in a safe environment.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- Delivery of fitness training sessions, including inductions, programme design and delivery, fitness testing, health appraisals
- and gym floor classes.
- Monitor the gym floor and offer assistance when and where required
- To deliver personal training sessions on and off shift
- To work with the leisure Operations Manager to develop, improve and maintain procedures in the club, to ensure the
- smooth running of the club on a day to day basis.
- To ensure that all the studio / fitness equipment, furniture and fittings are well maintained and in an operational clean tidy
- condition at all times
- To maintain a visual presence within the gym & poolside and deal with any member/guest/resident queries
- Ensure that any maintenance issues are reported correctly and monitor the repair.
- To ensure daily cleaning tasks are performed by the Leisure Operations Team according to the standard procedures.
- Carry out any aqua spa shifts or show rounds when and where needed
- To identify opportunities to improve club sales and profitability
- To support all aspects of the Spa & Leisure team as required
- To ensure all health and safety practices are being observed and work with the operations Manger to ensure that we are
- adhering to relevant policies and legislation.
Up to or the equivalent NVQ Level 2 in Health and Fitness
- Fantastic resort discounts that include: gym membership, rooms, golf, spa, food and beverage, and retail
- Meals on shift in our canteen
- Access to lifestyle discounts at high-street restaurants, retail outlets and days out
- We offer Wagestream to all employees, enabling everyone to track earnings, save, access wages before they are paid, and seek financial advice
- Healthcare schemes: life assurance, 24-hour GP, health cash-plans
- Team social events throughout the year
- Long-service awards, including additional paid holiday
- Free staff parking. The resort isn’t serviced by public transport although we do offer a subsidised taxi service for those who don’t drive
- We can offer live-in accommodation for up to three months
- Excellent training, development and career opportunities