Operations Manager - Kingham, Chipping Norton
Job Type: Full Time - 48 hours per week
The Wild Rabbit family is growing, and we are looking for a passionate and experienced Operations Manager
Live-in accommodation is available from £400 pcm for a single room, all bills included
We are looking for a people-focussed Operations Manager, who embraces a hands-on approach to their job role.
- Development and career progression encouraged
- 28 days paid holiday (increasing to 33 days with length of service)
- Cotswolds farm visits
- Company parties including an annual festival
- Wellness focused – employee helpline, voluntary health cash plan,
- Access to hundreds of online discounts
- Free food and drink available on shift (and in the office)
- Daylesford 30% discount from day 1
- Team member of the month awarded £150 per month (added to your pay)
- Refer a Friend Scheme Bonus up to £1000
- Access to a variety of discounts on retail, restaurants, and cinema tickets
- Milestone awards years 1, 5, 10, 15, 20+
- Subsidised private medical insurance
As an Operations Manager team development is critical, being a leader who drives internal progression and embraces the training and development of our team. You will be fully responsible for leading the service standards along with supporting the wider business objectives. You will report to the General Manager and work alongside the Operational teams.
You will inspire direct reports to take ownership of their areas and act as a mentor for people development. You’ll be responsible for managing a small team, therefore previous experience with leadership is advantageous.
Main Responsibilities of a Operations Manager
- Provide senior management support and take ownership of the team in all areas of the business.
- Take ownership for any complaints, taking any and all appropriate actions to turn dissatisfied guests into returning guests.
- Liaise with all Department Heads to ensure cleanliness is to the highest standard in all rooms, cottages and public areas, and to look to improve the guest in-room experience.
- Fully communicate any issues, complaints, H & S concerns to the GM and management team, to ensure we work together to resolve these
- To provide ‘Host’ presence throughout the day, with specific management support during ‘crunch’ periods in service. Act as a point of contact to regulars, VIPs and Entertained guests.
- Host Morning meetings (daily) and Operations meetings (weekly), utilising these as an opportunity to communicate, feedback and motivate the team.
- To ensure that departments for which you are responsible are adequately staffed during hours of operation, in line with the forecasted business.
- Support HODs operationally and on the front-line where departments require assistance.
- To handover all operational points of notes on the daily manifest
- To highlight H&S matters and work with the General Manager to resolve these.
- Work with HODs to ensure all departments are adequately stocked and equipped to provide exceptional quality of product and service.
- To deliver and champion The Wild Rabbit standards
The Wild Rabbit is a modern British inn set in the heart of the Cotswolds – a place to eat, drink and sleep in a relaxed and welcoming setting. Our award-winning kitchen uses the finest seasonal ingredients to create dishes that celebrate traditional British cooking with a contemporary twist.
The Wild Rabbit is part of the Daylesford estate – one of the most sustainable organic farms in the UK. The principles that have guided our farm for 40 years are also at the heart of everything that we do at The Wild Rabbit – from the locally sourced, organic ingredients in our kitchens, to the handmade horsehair mattresses in our bedrooms.
If you would like to be part of our truly unique business – we would love to hear from you. Please send us your CV today
We aim to attract, recruit and develop people from a wide range of backgrounds, with different perspectives, ideas and experiences. We seek to create a productive environment, representative of different cultures and groups, where everyone has an equal chance to succeed. If you feel you need any reasonable adjustments to be made in order to apply for a vacancy at The Wild Rabbit, please contact the Recruitment Team by visiting our website.